Question regarding DL

Got a Question? Problem? Suggestion? Bring it on!
Rockies
Name: Nate Hunter

Question regarding DL

Post by Rockies »

Just a quick question, since it appears - if I understand this correctly - that we will be starting our season late and playing "sim catch up".. How will the DL be handled?

For example, I have some guys who will probably start the season on the DL - such as Gutierrez, Masset, Moore, etc. I bring this up because I would like to stay on top of my DL guys since thats a sensitive issue(getting booted in the past).

I guess we would follow the 2 week min rule, just keep track of players? I guess I'd like to find out if we have an "official" DL'd list? I know a DL list was posted previously..

Thanks.
Cardinals
Name: John Paul Starkey

Post by Cardinals »

As always, we'll use the 2 week DL rule. A good example of this is last year.

Our DL goes on a Sunday-Saturday schedule. Tampa Bay's 2011 opening day was on Friday, Apr 1 last year. They placed Evan Longoria on the DL on Sunday, April 3. Therefore, Longoria was eligible to play for the opening series, and the ensuing week for me. He did not go on the IBC DL until Monday, April 11 -- in the sim calendar.

He was not eligible to come off the DL until Monday, April 25 in the IBC, even if he came off of Tampa Bay's DL on say, April 19.

If you've any questions about specific players, just ask me. But if the player begins the year on the DL, consider him DL'd.
12, 14, 15, 17, 22
Pirates
Name: Jake Levine

Post by Pirates »

What about bereavment list?
Guardians
Name: Pat Gillespie

Post by Guardians »

Adding on...

How are we going about keeping track of guys who started the mlb year healthy but then hit the DL. Or a guy like Damon, who just signed?
I want to make sure I'm keeping track, but the timing may be tough balancing mlb's time frame and ours.
Cardinals

Post by Cardinals »

Pretty simple. Let's say that Ike Davis hits the DL tomorrow. You'll get him through April 15 on the sim calendar then have to DL him. I'll be keeping an eye on most of this, but everybody should be policing their own players too.
12, 14, 15, 17, 22
Guardians
Name: Pat Gillespie

Post by Guardians »

Thanks. Great example. Ass.
Cardinals

Post by Cardinals »

Ok ok, Albert Pujols instead, happy? We all win
12, 14, 15, 17, 22

Return to “Admin Crap”