2007 Waiver Claims and Awards

Waiver wire claims and announcements should be posted in this thread.
Padres
Site Admin
Name: Jim Berger

Post by Padres »

Franklin Gutierrez (CF) was released at 3:09 pm on 3/18/2007. Only one team, the Marlins, put a claim on him and thus have the successful claim.

The Marlins will release Sean Thompson (SP) and have been moved to the bottom of the waiver priority list - an updated view can be seen at: memberlist.php.
Giants
Name: Jake Hamlin

Post by Giants »

Oakland places a claim on Michael Holliman, release Dan Meyer if successful.
Guardians
Name: Pat Gillespie

Post by Guardians »

Washington places a claim on Michael Holliman, realease Beau Kemp if I win him.
Athletics
Name: Stephen d'Esterhazy

Post by Athletics »

Angels place a claim on Holliman, release noone do to an open spot.
"My shit doesn't work in the playoffs. My job is to get us to the playoffs. What happens after that is fucking luck."

LAA 11 - 15 331W - 479L
LAA 16 - 20 477W - 333L 17-20 ALW
OAK 21 - 22 214W - 110L 21-22 ALW
Mets
Name: John Anderson

Post by Mets »

Rockies place a claim on Chris Oxspring, recently released by the Nats.

Drop Scott Eyre if successful.
Athletics

Post by Athletics »

Angels place a claim on Doug Mientkiewicz, release P Oneli Perez.
"My shit doesn't work in the playoffs. My job is to get us to the playoffs. What happens after that is fucking luck."

LAA 11 - 15 331W - 479L
Padres
Site Admin

Post by Padres »

Michael Hollimon (SS) was released at 1:01 pm on 4/4/2007. Three teams, the Nationals, Angels and Rockies placed a claim on him. The nationals, having the lowest priority waiver claim, have the successful claim.

The Nationals indicated they would release Beau Kemp, however they have already released him. The Nationals, at this time, have an open roster spot and will drop no one to pick up Hollimon. The Nats have been moved to the bottom of the waiver priority list - an updated view can be seen at: memberlist.php.
Mets
Name: John Anderson

Re: 2007 Waiver Claims and Awards

Post by Mets »

Mets wrote:Michael Hollimon (SS) was released at 1:01 pm on 4/4/2007. Three teams, the Nationals, Angels and Rockies placed a claim on him. The nationals, having the lowest priority waiver claim, have the successful claim.

The Nationals indicated they would release Beau Kemp, however they have already released him. The Nationals, at this time, have an open roster spot and will drop no one to pick up Hollimon. The Nats have been moved to the bottom of the waiver priority list - an updated view can be seen at: memberlist.php.
It looks like the A's, not the Rockies claimed Holliman.
Padres
Site Admin

Re: 2007 Waiver Claims and Awards

Post by Padres »

Rockies wrote:
Mets wrote:Michael Hollimon (SS) was released at 1:01 pm on 4/4/2007. Three teams, the Nationals, Angels and Rockies placed a claim on him. The nationals, having the lowest priority waiver claim, have the successful claim.

It looks like the A's, not the Rockies claimed Holliman.
John is correct ... however, the reults are the same as the Nationals had, at the time, the lowest waiver pririty claim.
Padres
Site Admin

2007 Waiver Calims and Awards

Post by Padres »

Chris Oxspring (SP) was released at 11:07 am on 4/5/2007. Only one team, the Rockies, put a claim on him and thus have the successful claim.

The Rockies will release Scott Eyre (MR) and have been moved to the bottom of the waiver priority list - an updated view can be seen at: memberlist.php.
Padres
Site Admin

Post by Padres »

Doug Mientkiewicz (1B) was released at 11:07 am on 4/5/2007. Only one team, the Angels, put a claim on him and thus have the successful claim.

The Angels will release Oneli Perez (MR) and have been moved to the bottom of the waiver priority list - an updated view can be seen at: memberlist.php.
Yankees
Name: Brett Zalaski

Post by Yankees »

The Royals will place a claim on Jeff Weaver, releasing no one due to an open space...
Dodgers
Site Admin
Name: Shawn Walsh

Post by Dodgers »

Dodgers claim Jeff Weaver with the #1 waiver spot, release Brian Shouse.
Padres
Site Admin

Post by Padres »

Jeff Weaver (SP) was released at 8:19 pm on 4/7/2007. Two teams, the Royals and Dodgers placed a claim on him. The Dodgers, having the lowest priority waiver claim, have the successful claim.

The Dodgers will release Brian Shouse (MR), and have been moved to the bottom of the waiver priority list - an updated view can be seen at: memberlist.php.
Padres
Site Admin

Post by Padres »

Mets place a claim on Nick Masset ... will release Shawn Kohn if claim is successful.
Athletics

Post by Athletics »

Angels place a claim on Will Startup. Release Dewon Brazelton if successful.

LAA 11 - 15 331W - 479L
Padres
Site Admin

2007 waiver Claims and Awards

Post by Padres »

Nick Masset (RP) was released at 7:33 pm on 4/8/2007. One team, the Mets, placed a claim on him.

The Mets will release Shawn Kohn (MR), and have been moved to the bottom of the waiver priority list - an updated view can be seen at: memberlist.php.
Nationals
Name: Ian Schnaufer

Post by Nationals »

Twins place a claim on Gary Matthews, release Travis Lee if successful
Padres
Site Admin

Post by Padres »

Twins wrote:Twins place a claim on Gary Matthews, release Travis Lee if successful
Gary Matthews is not available for a waiver claim. Shawn just fixed the problem, a duplication. Matthews is properly on the Indians roster. To wit:

Posted [by Shawn]: Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:52 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tigers wrote:
I knew that someone had to have Matthews and it looks like Cle does. He's listed in the OOPSS as a 0- with Cle. So can we switch him to the active guy on the IBC Indians? Also, I noticed that John Mayberry Jr is listed as an active player, but only a 5- on Oakland's roster. Can we fix both of those?

Both fixed, thanks Brett.

[Shawn]
Giants
Name: Jake Hamlin

Post by Giants »

A's place a claim on Will Startup, will release Daryle Ward if successful. Jim, please check my waiver position, I seem to have moved down even though I haven't claimed anyone (I was #20 at the end of the projections waiver period and now I'm 21, I don't think I've gotten anyone I've claimed since).
Padres
Site Admin

Post by Padres »

Will -5- Startup (P) was released at 1;24 am pm on 4/10/2007. One team, the Athletics, placed a claim on him.

The Athletics will release Daryle Ward (1B), and have been moved to the bottom of the waiver priority list - an updated view can be seen at: memberlist.php.
Cardinals
Name: John Paul Starkey

Post by Cardinals »

Houston will claim yuserimo petit and release blake owen.
12, 14, 15, 17, 22
Padres
Site Admin

Post by Padres »

Yuserimo Petit (P) was released at 5:15 am pm on 4/15/2007. One team, the Astros, placed a claim on him.

The Astros will release Blake -5- Owen (P), and have been moved to the bottom of the waiver priority list - an updated view can be seen at: memberlist.php.
Mariners
Name: Jagger

From Moab

Post by Mariners »

The D'Backs will put a claim in for 6-Scherzer, Max - and release 6-Davis, Chris if succesful.
Rangers
Site Admin
Name: Brett Perryman

Post by Rangers »

Tigers would place a claim on Scherzer, but Zona is two waivers spots ahead of them, oh well.

Return to “Waiver Claims”