Brewers
Name: Jared Cloutier

Post by Brewers »

Is this where we bid?
Cardinals
Name: John Paul Starkey

Post by Cardinals »

Brewers wrote:Is this where we bid?
Create a new thread in this particular forum with the player name and team name in the subject.
12, 14, 15, 17, 22
Nationals
Name: Ian Schnaufer

Post by Nationals »

So when does the 24 hour clock end? Is it 24 hours from when it's posted here? Otherwise, I don't really see where we can get a reliable time-stamp.
Guardians
Name: Pat Gillespie

Post by Guardians »

Twins wrote:So when does the 24 hour clock end? Is it 24 hours from when it's posted here? Otherwise, I don't really see where we can get a reliable time-stamp.
24 hours from the first bid. Jared kicked things off. Whenever the last bid is on that particular player (or any other player bid on), the bidding ends. That player is awarded to the high bid and the team has to drop a player to maintain their roster numbers.
Nationals
Name: Ian Schnaufer

Post by Nationals »

Tigers wrote:
Twins wrote:So when does the 24 hour clock end? Is it 24 hours from when it's posted here? Otherwise, I don't really see where we can get a reliable time-stamp.
24 hours from the first bid. Jared kicked things off. Whenever the last bid is on that particular player (or any other player bid on), the bidding ends. That player is awarded to the high bid and the team has to drop a player to maintain their roster numbers.
I was talking about when players can be added without requiring a bid first.
Guardians

Post by Guardians »

Twins wrote:
Tigers wrote:
I was talking about when players can be added without requiring a bid first.
Ah, sorry. Yeah, 24 hours from when zips are posted on the board. So, when the Chicago Cubs thread started, 24 hours from that if there are no bids, guys are available through the normal player pickup process.
Dodgers
Site Admin
Name: Shawn Walsh

Post by Dodgers »

Tigers wrote:
I think you mean 24 hours from the last bid, which we did to prevent sniping.
Guardians

Post by Guardians »

Dodgers wrote:
Tigers wrote:
I think you mean 24 hours from the last bid, which we did to prevent sniping.
Yes, I'm sorry. Shawn is correct. 24 hours from the last bid on the board is when bidding for the player closes.

Return to “ZiPS Bidding”