Joe Thatcher, $2, 11/29
Mike Hauschild, $7, 12/11

White Sox: $15
Players Awarded:
Jake Petricka, $15, 1/5

Yankees: $19
Players Awarded:
Rafael De Paula, $11, 12/3
Last edited by Guardians on Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:07 am, edited 15 times in total.
Royals
Name: Larry Bestwick

Post by Royals »

This is idiotic. Just put them on waivers.
Phillies
Name: Nick Perry

Post by Phillies »

I don't see why it's idiotic. Gives us something to do the next month and a half. It's boring around here.
Guardians
Name: Pat Gillespie

Post by Guardians »

Phillies wrote:I don't see why it's idiotic. Gives us something to do the next month and a half. It's boring around here.
We're playing music too loud and we're on Bren's yard...
Astros
Name: Ty Bradley

Post by Astros »

Tigers wrote:
Phillies wrote:I don't see why it's idiotic. Gives us something to do the next month and a half. It's boring around here.
To be fair he was also bitching about a joke John made on facebook so he's just extra pissy today
BlueJays
Name: David Taylor

Post by BlueJays »

for the record, I'm not opposing the system, just stating that it seems complicated to manage, so I hope you guys have a good system ready

I typically find players are on waivers for a reason; it's pretty rare any of them are worth a damn. I just hope we're not creating a lot of work for the ExCo just to make sure the right team lands players like Dixon Machado...
"Hating the Yankees is as American as pizza pie, unwed mothers, and cheating on your income tax."
Royals

Post by Royals »

Cardinals wrote:
Tigers wrote:
To be fair he was also bitching about a joke John made on facebook so he's just extra pissy today
How many years did it take to get the IBC Rules updated? 6? 7? And the ExCo wants to try to manage this system rather than just relying on waivers? Yeah, that was well thought out.

Shouldn't a change this significant require a league vote? An entire new system is being added.
Phillies
Name: Nick Perry

Post by Phillies »

Anything is better than "I work at a computer all day, I clicked his name first, I win." This isn't a big deal.
BlueJays
Name: David Taylor

Post by BlueJays »

all I want to know is when will I receive my $30 check?
"Hating the Yankees is as American as pizza pie, unwed mothers, and cheating on your income tax."
Nationals
Name: Ian Schnaufer

Post by Nationals »

Padres wrote:
Cardinals wrote:
Tigers wrote: We're playing music too loud and we're on Bren's yard...
How many years did it take to get the IBC Rules updated? 6? 7? And the ExCo wants to try to manage this system rather than just relying on waivers? Yeah, that was well thought out.

Shouldn't a change this significant require a league vote? An entire new system is being added.
I don't really understand the hate here.

This seems like a fully transparent system, where you have a budget that is public knowledge and teams are making public bids.

The entire amount of oversight is updating the budgets as they are used and making sure no one exceeds their budget (which I'm assuming competing teams would do also if you're bidding on the same guy since the bids are transparent).
Royals

Post by Royals »

Twins wrote:
Padres wrote:
Cardinals wrote: To be fair he was also bitching about a joke John made on facebook so he's just extra pissy today

I don't really understand the hate here.

This seems like a fully transparent system, where you have a budget that is public knowledge and teams are making public bids.

The entire amount of oversight is updating the budgets as they are used and making sure no one exceeds their budget (which I'm assuming competing teams would do also if you're bidding on the same guy since the bids are transparent).
It is transparent. It also wasn't discussed with the league, no options were put forward or requested, and no vote was held.

Return to “ZiPS Bidding”