Michael McKenry C
Michael Choice OF
Stephen Piscotty OF
Norichika Aoki RF
B.J. Upton CF
Brock Holt UTIL
Eugenio Suarez UTIL
Devon Travis 2B
Paul Goldschmidt 1B (Out for season due to Frieriness)

SP:

Jon Lester
Anibal Sanchez
Alex Cobb
Joe Kelly
Edward Mujica
Tommy Milone
Phil Hughes
Edwin Escobar

RP:

Kelvin Herrera
Brian Wilson
Drew Storen
Bryan Shaw
Javier Lopez
Joe Thatcher
Wesley Wright
Zach Thornton
Last edited by Guardians on Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:16 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Guardians
Name: Pat Gillespie

Post by Guardians »

Love this guy. Definitely an All Star:

Altuve is first in 97 years with stolen-base feat
Astros catalyst is third in modern era with four straight multi-steal games
By Chris Abshire / Special to MLB.com
HOUSTON -- For all of Jose Altuve's prolific All-Star credentials at the plate, he's been just as impressive on the basepaths.

The second baseman swiped two more bags on Sunday, bolstering his league-best total to 36 just over halfway through the season.

With multiple steals in four straight games, Altuve has the franchise record and leads the American League with nine such games this season. He is only the third player in Major League history with multiple steals in four straight games, the last being the Cleveland Naps' Ray Chapman in 1917.

Altuve set another franchise record on Sunday with a stolen base in his sixth straight game.

"I feel great about my speed out there, and it's got me looking toward the next base more often," Altuve said. "If I see them giving me any room, I'll take it."

Of course, Altuve is also tops in the AL in hits and batting average. With those numbers, Astros manager Bo Porter is tired of lobbying for an All-Star berth. He thinks Altuve deserves consideration for a bigger honor.

"I may be biased, but I think it's warranted," Porter said after Friday's game against Detroit. "If you give me a vote and the season ended today, he's the MVP of the American League."

In the latest ballot, Altuve's league-leading marks weren't enough, as he still trailed the Tigers' Ian Kinsler, the Red Sox's Dustin Pedroia and the Mariners' Robinson Cano for a spot. Even if he doesn't earn the fan vote, he could still be a manager's selection, player's choice or a Final Vote pick.

"That would mean a lot," said Altuve, who was an All-Star in 2012. "It's incredible to be considered one of the best in the game. At the same time, I don't want to take away from our goals here. I do this for my teammates and for our team. But yeah, it would be fun."

Fans can cast their votes for starters at MLB.com -- online or on a mobile device -- using the 2014 All-Star Game MLB.com Ballot Sponsored by Experian until Thursday, July 3, at 10:59 p.m. CT. The 2014 All-Star Game will be played at Target Field on Tuesday, July 15 on FOX.
Guardians

Post by Guardians »

Congrats, Yoenis Cespedes on another HR Derby title. Start hitting in real life.
Guardians

Post by Guardians »

Return to “Welcome to the Land”