Dykstra vs. Wild Thing

Nate Hunter's new blog.

Moderator: Rockies

Rockies
Name: Nate Hunter

Dykstra vs. Wild Thing

Post by Rockies »

https://youtu.be/XpdKkHodpcE

NSFW necessarily due to language .. I'd recommend headphones for sure.

Discuss..
Giants
Name: Jake Hamlin

Post by Giants »

I can't speak for the Phillies fans but I'm pretty sure they've all forgiven Dykstra for all the terrible things he's done. I can't imagine any of them have forgiven Mitch Williams. Also if you're going to get in a recorded argument with someone DON'T GET THAT BLATANTLY SHITHAMMERED! You could go full Churchill in terms of eloquence and you'll still sound ridiculous unless you have a british accent. Thanks for providing a few minutes of distraction while I'm working on shit way too late and not able to sleep!
Your REIGNING AND DEFENDING #evenyear IBC CHAMPION

2015- #torture #evenyears 179-145
2006-2014 Gritty Gutty A's 828-631
2005 Texas Rangers 65-97
Total: 1072-873 .551
Phillies
Name: Nick Perry

Post by Phillies »

Haven't seen this yet, but I'll watch tonight. I'm obviously a little young to remember the World Series but from what I gather both Mitchy Poo and Dykstra have been forgiven to an extent. Most won't forget the homerun, but Mitch never hid from that game/pitch and I think after a while most (some?) respected that. Before the move the MLB Network he was on pre-game shows and did radio every now and then and people liked his "tell it like it is" attitude which has made Ricky Botallico a well liked guy around here (and now Ben Davis to an extent). But ever since the Little League thing this roast is pretty much the first we've heard from him. Dykstra has been on the radio a couple times over the past year and that dude is still a nut. His stories of the early 90's Phillies are pretty awesome, he will talk about literally anything and I'm sure that pisses off his former teammates a bit. Hopefully there is some of that in the roast, but since Lenny and Mitch hate each other I'm guessing it was just a lot of drunken yelling.
Rockies

Post by Rockies »

Lot of personal.. personal.. insults. LOL
Rockies

Post by Rockies »

Phillies wrote:Haven't seen this yet, but I'll watch tonight. I'm obviously a little young to remember the World Series but from what I gather both Mitchy Poo and Dykstra have been forgiven to an extent. Most won't forget the homerun, but Mitch never hid from that game/pitch and I think after a while most (some?) respected that. Before the move the MLB Network he was on pre-game shows and did radio every now and then and people liked his "tell it like it is" attitude which has made Ricky Botallico a well liked guy around here (and now Ben Davis to an extent). But ever since the Little League thing this roast is pretty much the first we've heard from him. Dykstra has been on the radio a couple times over the past year and that dude is still a nut. His stories of the early 90's Phillies are pretty awesome, he will talk about literally anything and I'm sure that pisses off his former teammates a bit. Hopefully there is some of that in the roast, but since Lenny and Mitch hate each other I'm guessing it was just a lot of drunken yelling.
And can I just say you made me feel really.. really.. old.
Astros
Name: Ty Bradley

Post by Astros »

Rockies wrote:
Phillies wrote:Haven't seen this yet, but I'll watch tonight. I'm obviously a little young to remember the World Series but from what I gather both Mitchy Poo and Dykstra have been forgiven to an extent. Most won't forget the homerun, but Mitch never hid from that game/pitch and I think after a while most (some?) respected that. Before the move the MLB Network he was on pre-game shows and did radio every now and then and people liked his "tell it like it is" attitude which has made Ricky Botallico a well liked guy around here (and now Ben Davis to an extent). But ever since the Little League thing this roast is pretty much the first we've heard from him. Dykstra has been on the radio a couple times over the past year and that dude is still a nut. His stories of the early 90's Phillies are pretty awesome, he will talk about literally anything and I'm sure that pisses off his former teammates a bit. Hopefully there is some of that in the roast, but since Lenny and Mitch hate each other I'm guessing it was just a lot of drunken yelling.
The 1993 playoffs is the first playoffs I can really remember vividly. I remember 1992 but it is hazy, though I do remember Mike Timlin tagging out Nixon to end it all. For some reason I can remember Schilling striking out the first 8 batters he faced one game in the NLCS and Steve Avery either got a hit or made an out in play. I LOVED that Phillies team, and especially Dykstra. If I had access to chewing tobacco as a 7/8 year old, I'd have cancer right now because of Lenny. That whole team was fun and they beat the Braves, who were my least favorite team through my childhood because everyone else in my class liked them.
Rockies

Post by Rockies »

Fuck the Braves! I'm with ya there.
Giants
Name: Jake Hamlin

Post by Giants »

It's 1991 for me. I picked up the Braves casually because my dad wouldn't spring for the SportsChannel premium option so my Giants and A's games were blacked out but I could watch the Braves on TBS. Plus in the Sega Genesis version of RBI Baseball I had they were the only team where you could fill the lineup with all sluggers or speedster. But man was I pissed when Wild Thing gave up that home run. I also may or may not have had him confused with Ricky Vaughan and that may be why I liked him so much.
Your REIGNING AND DEFENDING #evenyear IBC CHAMPION

2015- #torture #evenyears 179-145
2006-2014 Gritty Gutty A's 828-631
2005 Texas Rangers 65-97
Total: 1072-873 .551
Phillies

Post by Phillies »

Cardinals wrote:
Rockies wrote:
The 1993 playoffs is the first playoffs I can really remember vividly. I remember 1992 but it is hazy, though I do remember Mike Timlin tagging out Nixon to end it all. For some reason I can remember Schilling striking out the first 8 batters he faced one game in the NLCS and Steve Avery either got a hit or made an out in play. I LOVED that Phillies team, and especially Dykstra. If I had access to chewing tobacco as a 7/8 year old, I'd have cancer right now because of Lenny. That whole team was fun and they beat the Braves, who were my least favorite team through my childhood because everyone else in my class liked them.
When I was a kid I wanted to be Nails for Halloween (no idea what year it was, another thing I barely remember). My parents ordered a shirsey for me and the company sent it back "Dikstra" with a 1 as his number -____-
Rockies

Post by Rockies »

Phillies wrote: When I was a kid I wanted to be Nails for Halloween (no idea what year it was, another thing I barely remember). My parents ordered a shirsey for me and the company sent it back "Dikstra" with a 1 as his number -____-
For the love of all that is holy, PLEASE tell me you have a picture of this.. PLEASE.
Phillies

Post by Phillies »

I'll be at my parents on Sunday, I'll find it.
Rockies

Post by Rockies »

Don't let me down Perry.

Return to “5280: Mile High Reefer Madness”