Astros draft, 2012

Nate Hunter's new blog.

Moderator: Rockies

Rockies
Name: Nate Hunter

Astros draft, 2012

Post by Rockies »

Daniel Robertson - SS/3B - Oakland Athletics #9 - He has more than enough bat to profile as a regular 3b, and some within the A"s organization say he reminds them of David Wright.

Steve Bean - C - Might have been a little bit of a reach here, but he has outstanding defense(rated best defensive C in the system) and solid potential to hit from the left side. Catchers that hit from the left with outstanding D dont grow on trees. Plus, I was afraid if I didn't snag him here, Aaron or JP would perhaps grab him before I could later in the draft. I think he'll land in the Cardinals top 20.

Austin Schotts - CF - Tigers #5, Fastest baserunner in the system, Best Athlete in the system. He's small, but has good pop for his size, good speed, and solid all around tools. Happy to grab someone of his calibur with my 3rd overall pick.

Zachary Bird - P - Really excited to land this kid. Drafted by the Dodgers, he ranked as the #19 AZL prospect. I think he could be underrated. Very good movement on his fastball, the makings of an excellent curve, while his change lags behind. Tall, lanky, projectable. His manager had this to say:I've never seen anyone at this age that had such good swing-and-miss stuff.

will update the rest later.

Adrian Sampson
Alexander Palma
Stephen Johnson

Return to “5280: Mile High Reefer Madness”