Oy

Nate Hunter's new blog.

Moderator: Rockies

Rockies
Name: Nate Hunter

Oy

Post by Rockies »

I'm still here kids.

I've been incredibly busy with work(Thanksgiving is our 3rd busiest day of the year in the liquor biz) with the holiday on top of an entire reset of the store over the same time period.

I will try to get a post going geared towards the 2013 Astros team. I feel pretty good going into the year with what I have actually, but I would still like to tinker with some things, so I'm open to deals. What I'm mainly in the market for at the moment is a starting C who can hit a fair amount and provide good defense. Perhaps an upgrade at 3b. I know I talked with several teams about potential deals before the deadline that can be re-visited, so hit me up via PM. Oh yeah, would like to move up in the draft if possible(like everyone else).

Also, would still like to trade franchises with someone, should they want to.
RedSox
Name: Patrick Tullar

Post by RedSox »

New Years and Superbowl other two?
Giants
Name: Jake Hamlin

Post by Giants »

I'd have guessed st pattys would be up there too, surprised to see thanksgiving that high on the list, guess people need fortitude to survive those family get togethers
Your REIGNING AND DEFENDING #evenyear IBC CHAMPION

2015- #torture #evenyears 179-145
2006-2014 Gritty Gutty A's 828-631
2005 Texas Rangers 65-97
Total: 1072-873 .551
Rockies
Name: Nate Hunter

Post by Rockies »

The 2nd busiest day is Christmas Eve(we're closed by state law on Christmas, the only day we're closed all year) and of course, New Years Eve is the busiest of all days for us in the liquor biz.

That might very by state depending on law, but thats how it is here in the Mile High.

St. Pattys day isn't that bad actually... And while we're busy on Superbowl Sunday it isn't anything more than we would do on a normal weekend day(fri/sat).

So, for example, on this wednesday before thanksgiving, we did above a normal friday evening of business. Then on thursday, a shortened day, we did more than wednesday. Last year on christmas eve, we did 3 times a typical friday in total sales. New Years Eve is about 4 times a typical fri/sat night in sales numbers.
Yankees
Name: Brett Zalaski

Post by Yankees »

The night before Thanksgiving is the 2nd biggest bar night of the year - behind New Year's.
Athletics
Name: Stephen d'Esterhazy

Post by Athletics »

Athletics wrote:I'd have guessed st pattys would be up there too, surprised to see thanksgiving that high on the list, guess people need fortitude to survive those family get togethers
It probably is both, surviving the family...or regretting not having a family to be around. I drink to drink though, way more fun just to have a good time then worrying about shit you can't really control.
"My shit doesn't work in the playoffs. My job is to get us to the playoffs. What happens after that is fucking luck."

LAA 11 - 15 331W - 479L
LAA 16 - 20 477W - 333L 17-20 ALW
OAK 21 - 22 214W - 110L 21-22 ALW

Return to “5280: Mile High Reefer Madness”