2011 Brewer Radio Talk Show

Ben Montgomery's blog. Ben finished his IBC career (2009-'13) with a 331-432 (.434) record and no playoff appearances.
Brewers
Name: Jared Cloutier

2011 Brewer Radio Talk Show

Post by Brewers »

Feel free to call in to the Brewers Radio Talk Show to comment on recent happenings, talk smack, or complain managerial decisions.
Brewers

Post by Brewers »

Caller from Stevens Point, WI: Where did we get this Steven Vogt guy from. With Rosario battling injuries it looked bad during spring training, and all this guy does is hit. Is this the next Mike Piazza?

Brewer Talk: Woah, woah, woah....Vogt had a great series, but let's give him more than three games before anointing him a future Hall of Famer. Vogt was picked up off of Waivers at the end of spring training due to concerns about the catching depth, and earned the starting gig due to some good work in the batting cage. He opened the season with four hits, a walk, and fiver runs scored. He also threw out a runner on a great pitch out call. Vogt is a versatile guy that will stay in the lineup if he continues to hit. He even played a little first base in the series finale. He could be a key piece if the Brewers hope to hang with the Cards, Reds, and Pirates.
Last edited by Brewers on Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brewers

Post by Brewers »

Caller from Madison, WI: Hey Guys! Is their a petition somewhere to get rid of Mat Gamel. He is terrible! I am pretty sure that I have a rusty futon in my garage that has more range than he does, and i know I have only made one error on it. This team is never going to win with that stiff at third base. He sucks, I'm out!

Brewer Talk: I think you may have us confused with another popular radio program on the four letter network, but as far as Gamel goes...I have to applaud our front office for giving him another chance. I would let him audition for a job as long as Kendry is out of the lineup. Who has more hits; Gamel or Dan Murphy? We will get back to more of your calls after we pay some bills with these messages.
Last edited by Brewers on Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brewers

Post by Brewers »

Caller from Sturgeon Bay, WI: Hey Guys...Who do you think was the player of the week in the opening series?

Brewer Talk: I have to give the nod to Skip Schumaker. I don't know that he would have made the opening day lineup if Morales and Lewis were healthy, but all he does is go out and get 7 hits in 13 at bats, hit two doubles and a home run, draw a walk, score 5 runs, drive in 3, and play both corner OF spots recording 7 put outs. Shane Victorino and Stephen Vogt were good this weekend, but Skip is my player of the week.
DBacks
Name: Dave Mueller

Post by DBacks »

Caller from Studio City, California:

Will the Brewers be playing any of their games H2H this season?

Brewer Talk: Thank you caller for listening to our online stream out in California. We have heard that the Milwaukee organization has given manager Ben Montgomery an edict to be available to play as many games as possible with his fellow managers. He normally is available in the evenings. The organization has also paid for upgrades in the facilities and the team will be able to host netplay sessions this year. We hope that you continue to follow us here at Brewer Talk and feel free to call in again.

Return to “The Home Brew”