Stupid Stuff

Kelly Burke's blog. Kelly finished his IBC career (2008-12) with a 313-511 (.380) record, and no playoff appearances.

Moderator: Angels

Angels
Name: Zach Robertson

Stupid Stuff

Post by Angels »

Watching the end of the Texas/Texas Tech game.

Am I the only one on this earth who thinks rushing the field/court by college fans after football/basketball games is the most retarted spectacle ever? Fucking annoying. Probably just an irrational part of me, but as a sports sports fan I just think it's the most moronic sight possible.
Astros
Name: Ty Bradley

Post by Astros »

I don't have a problem with it in certain situations. If there's a buzzer beater in basketball, fine. If you beat your rival at the end of a game, fine. If you're a small school that beats a big school, no problem. Make sure the game is over though, I remember Kentucky fans rushing the field when LSU won the game on a hail mary, and having no idea they lost the game until they saw LSU in a pile in the end zone.

The sight at the end of the Tech game was unreal. The entire field surrounded, waiting to be rushed, I've never seen that before in my life, the atmosphere came across as unreal. Something I'd have liked to experience in person. I don't see how you can have a problem with that
Dodgers
Site Admin
Name: Shawn Walsh

Post by Dodgers »

It sucks when they interrupt the game, but I agree with Aaron. That sight, with all the fans at the edge of the field was awesome.

Rushing the field when it's not warranted is stupid, when it is warranted it's one of those things I wish I had gone to a big time sports school for.
Pirates
Name: Jake Levine

Post by Pirates »

I rushed the field when rutgers beat #2 USF last year, its a huge adrenaline rush.
Royals
Name: Larry Bestwick

Post by Royals »

I rushed the field when UC beat Rutgers 2 years back. It was fun.
Pirates
Name: Jake Levine

Post by Pirates »

If you go to the big schools like wisconsin and michigan they never rush the field, but i guess its because they are used to winning.
Giants
Name: Jake Hamlin

Post by Giants »

Rushing the field or the court is so much fun to do that it's always going to be around. The only time I ever did it for real was the 1992 NIT (at age 7, it was pretty sweet), though we came close a couple of times at Santa Clara. I'm all for it after games, though I think it's ridiculous to rush the field before the game is over like what happened last night.

Return to “Tribal Gaming”