Name: Nick Perry

2017 Playoff Roster

Post by Phillies »

C - Brian McCann, Dustin Garneau
1B - Carlos Santana, Mike Napoli
2B - Daniel Murphy
SS - Freddy Galvis
3B - Josh Donaldson
OF - Andrew McCutchen, AJ Pollock, Nelson Cruz, Brandon Guyer, Gerardo Parra, Nori Aoki

Max Scherzer
Jon Lester
Adam Wainwright
Aaron Nola

AJ Ramos
Koji Uehara
Pat Neshek
Hector Neris
Joe Blanton
Blake Treinen
Tony Sipp
Jared Miller
Phillies
Name: Nick Perry

Post by Phillies »

This is probably the best roster I have taken into the playoffs. Maybe I'll actually make it out of the first round for once...

Offense
I don't have high average hitters on my team, as usual, which typically hurts in H2H. But I do have a lot of guys that get on base and hit for power. I just need it to translate playing h2h which doesn't usually happen. I need Cutch to show up for a damn playoff series. In the last four years he's been awful h2h, which is one of the reasons I had him on the block in the offseason. If he doesn't show up again he's off to the highest bidder.

SP
Here's what makes me confident. In the past, I have come into the playoffs with top heavy rotations. This year I have 3 guys with above average sims and Waino whos sim is pretty darn good. Last year I had Scherzer and Waino start me off 2-0 in the series, only to have Shark get killed in game 3. Because I had Scherzer throw too many pitches in game 1, I had to turn to a bad sim (can't remember who, Feldman maybe?) and just like that it's 2-2 series. Not worried about that this year.

Bullpen
It sucks I lost Carter Capps, but I have enough here to be comfortable. Uehara, Ramos, Blanton, Neshek, and Neris all have above avg sims. Sipp and Miller will work fine as situational lefties.

Defense
Improved from last year with Pollock in CF, and that was most important thing for me. Against Jake last year I was getting killed by Cutch in CF. Everything Jakes hitters put in the outfield hit gaps. Cruz isn't ideal in RF but I can't take his bat out. Cutch will be WAY better in LF than in CF. Infield D is fine, with McCann Av/Av and Donaldson awesome as always. 2B defense sucks, but oh well. Galvis is Av at short which is bullshit in my mind. Pollock is the x-factor.

Verdict: I don't know if any of this will matter for round 1 because I don't know if I'll actually be playing h2h. Bren hasn't opened my message and I don't really think he will make time anyway, but we'll see.

Return to “Phillies”