2019 NFL Playoffs

A place specifically for trash talk, check your sensitivities at the door. If you're offended, leave this area.
Royals
Name: Larry Bestwick

2019 NFL Playoffs

Post by Royals »

Well, the Ravens blew it and the Bills slipped in, meanwhile the Jags have looked awful the last two weeks. If Jimmy Garoppolo and the Saints could have made the playoffs, I'd be picking them to match up against NE in the Superbowl (that's my early pick for next year. For this year, hear are my picks for the first round

Bills over Jacksonville - because who doesn't love an underdog, and who the heck cares about the Jaguars? Here's a hint, not even folks in Jacksonville care.
Chiefs over Titans - KC has been inconsistent enough that I can see this going the other way, but right now I'm thinking KC.
Rams over Falcons - But will anyone come to the game? Gee that Atlanta offense sure has dropped off...
Saints over Panthers - nothing about this Panthers team impressed me. Saints on the other hand are my dark horse to make the Superbowl.
Royals

Post by Royals »

Huh. I must have been REALLY drunk when I originally posted this to title it "2019 NFL Playoffs".
Mets
Name: John Anderson

Post by Mets »

I don't understand why everyone is still sleeping on the Eagles. I think they're a much better team top to bottom than the Falcons were last year. Just wish Wentz was playing. He's a lot of fun to watch.
2008-2023 Mets: 1,054-1,223...463%
2006-2008 Rockies: 242-244...498%

IBC Total: 1,296-1,467...469%
2022: lost WC
2023: lost WC
Royals

Post by Royals »

Mets wrote:I don't understand why everyone is still sleeping on the Eagles. I think they're a much better team top to bottom than the Falcons were last year. Just wish Wentz was playing. He's a lot of fun to watch.
Because it's the Patriots.

Because the Eagles struggled to score even 15 points over a much reduced Atlanta team the week before.

The Eagles could have a really amazing game and put up huge points like they did last week. They could also struggle to score, like they did against Atlanta or Oakland, or give up a ton of points like they did against the Rams and Giants.

Minnesota looked like a team of destiny... until last week. Now it's the Eagles looking like the team of destiny. Meanwhile the Patriots just keep doing what the Patriots keep doing.

I've got a lot of Eagles fans friends, and the Eagles have a soft spot in what constitutes my heart. If there's one team I would pick for the Pats to lose to, it's the Eagles. But I just don't see it happening.
Cardinals
Name: John Paul Starkey

Post by Cardinals »

Obvious statement is obvious, but it depends on which Foles shows up. Foles looked pretty awesome against the Vikings. But he looked really bad in nearly every other game he's played. Philly has one of (maybe the most?) talented roster top to bottom in the league right now. If Wentz is playing, the line is probably PK. I'd say Wentz is worth roughly a TD. Line makes sense to me.
12, 14, 15, 17, 22
Astros
Name: Ty Bradley

Post by Astros »

Today is a wonderful day, I hope all of you are enjoying it to its fullest. John, congratulations on your first Super Bowl win as a fan. Any other Eagles fans?
Mets

Post by Mets »

Still don't know how to feel. Have never been on the winning side of anything in sports (Mets/Jets/Islanders/Eagles/Knicks/St Johns). Still cannot believe Brady lost to Napolean Dynamite.

Royals

Post by Royals »

Great game. Not the result I'd have preferred (where the flying fuck did the defense go?), but still a great game. You can't win them all and if there's a team I can stomache losing to, it's the Eagles. I've got a few friends back in Philly that I think are still drinking and rewatching the game even now.
Enjoy it Eagles fans!
Nationals
Name: Ian Schnaufer

Post by Nationals »

Cardinals wrote:Today is a wonderful day, I hope all of you are enjoying it to its fullest. John, congratulations on your first Super Bowl win as a fan. Any other Eagles fans?
Yep.
Mets

Post by Mets »

And now St Johns has a week. Of course balanced by Porzingis going down, but I'll take it.

Astros

Post by Astros »

Might be John's year, everyone get money on the Mets to your offshore betting accounts.

Also fuck Josh McDaniels but what else do you expect from someone who's career advancement has been due to nepotism, riding coattails and sucking dick.
Pirates
Name: Jake Levine

Post by Pirates »

Didnt you accept a teaching job in Houston and then say nevermind at the last minute?
Astros

Post by Astros »

I didn't tell a bunch of other people "Hey I got a job in Houston so you should too" and then decide at the last minute not to go after they'd already moved. I didn't want him to begin with

Return to “The Dumpster”