2019 NFL Playoffs

A place specifically for trash talk, check your sensitivities at the door. If you're offended, leave this area.
Phillies
Name: Nick Perry

Re: 2019 NFL Playoffs

Post by Phillies »

Phillies wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:24 am Wish I saw this thread earlier. I was 4-0 on my picks this weekend and made some nice coin 8) .

For next weekend I got:

Colts over Chiefs: Colts D is very good and Chiefs D is not. Kareem Hunt loss has been glaring. Keep Tyreek from going over the top and you win. Luck didn't have his best game this weekend, but he didn't have to. Next weekend will be his best game. ALL IN ON COLTS.

Chargers over Pats: I don't have a feel for this game right now, but I am taking Rivers/Gordon/Allen and the Chargers D to win for now. Might change my mind.

Eagles over Saints: I don't bet against Big Dick Nick, you shouldn't either.

Cowboys over Rams: Goff is a bitch.

DOGS WEEK AGAIN.

I won most of my money this weekend on Eagles, Colts, and Chargers money lines. Didn't take the Seahawks money line but I had them in every teaser. I'm feeling the teasers again this weekend. Give me points on the dogs. I think all of these games are going to be close.

Go Birds.
Saturday was not good. I underestimated the Chiefs obviously and my teasers couldn't even save me (Big F you to the guy that couldn't catch a wide open TD. Cost me hundreds). JP convinced me to pivot to the Pats which made me some money, but I lost it all on the Eagles. The Eagles should have won that game. Drive 1: 75 yards, TD. Drive 2: 76 yards, TD. After that he had like 60 yards passing. Kudos to the Saints for switching up their defensive game plan, their corners were all over the Eagles WR's, and bad on Doug for not switching up his game plan. That said, the game was there for the Eagles to win. Most people are bitching that the Eagles should've taken the 2:00 warning instead of running a play and they aren't wrong. But Alshon catches that 9.9 times out of 10. The magic ran out. (Anyone notice Alshon getting death threats? Not one? I don't believe it........... Philly fans aren't that bad, hate us for another reason. Yes we threw snow balls at a drunk POS in a Santa costume. I don't believe we've ever thrown snow balls at a football player in the middle of a game. End rant).

Moving to next weekend, fuck the Saints. They aren't that good. Rams won't allow Michael Thomas to run around freely like the Eagles did. Saints converted 3rd and long 3 times with Thomas wide open. Rams won't. Seriously, cover Michael Thomas and make Ted Ginn and company beat you. Rams offense won't shit the bed like the Eagles. Rams win by a touchdown.

Pats and Chiefs? It's easy to say Belichick > Big Red based on their past. Is this the same Andy Reid? Probably not. But it's the same Belichick. Brady/Edelman were AWESOME yesterday. And it was against a defense that is much better than the Chiefs. Michel/White were great. This game is going to be awesome. Pats win.
Cardinals
Name: John Paul Starkey

Post by Cardinals »

3-1 last weekend, rebounded from my poor Wild Card weekend and came away quite profitable (note: always bet against Playoff Phil).

I don't have a great read on the New Orleans/Los Angeles game. It feels weird that CJ Anderson could lead a team to a Super Bowl, but the Saints suffered some costly injuries last week. I tend to trust Brees and Payton more than I do Goff and McVay in this spot. I'm going Saints, but not by much. Saints 27, Rams 23.

Last week, I thought the Patriots really matched up well against the Chargers. Obviously, the Chargers installed a terrible defensive gameplan and refused to deviate from it. I don't think it'll be quite that easy at Arrowhead this weekend. The Patriots do run more 21 personnel than any other team in the league, and the Chiefs are the worst in the league at defending it. Patriots play >50% man coverage, and Mahomes is more human (still good) against man coverage compared to zone.

Since becoming a regular in Week 7 (didn't play in Week 6 vs. KC), JC Jackson has been one of the best CBs in the NFL. That will slightly help the Pats against Hill, but I'm still unsure if they'll put Gilmore on Hill, or Jackson + McCourty. In any event, I suspect this game will look like the Steelers game: the Chiefs will come out in 11 personnel and the Patriots will let them run as much as they want. They're going to try to limit the big-play ability. In the 43-40 Week 6 win, the Pats gave up 3 TDs on 3 plays, thanks in large part to poor special teams and two blown coverages on Hill.

It'll be impossible to keep Hill down all game. I suspect the Chiefs come away with a lot of rushing yards, but a bunch of field goals to go with them.
Patriots win on the road, 31-23.
12, 14, 15, 17, 22
Astros
Name: Ty Bradley

Post by Astros »

I'm going to take the Saints mostly because I hate Stan Kroenke and the Rams haven't been the same offense since Cooper Kupp went out for the year. I don't think it is all that close. Saints 35 Rams 21.

I'm sure if we went back through the history of playoff threads on here, I've probably never picked the Patriots mostly out of hate. This week I'm picking against them, not purely out of hate. Tom Brady has went 20-3 at home in the playoffs, thanks to getting 6 games against the worst division in football every year to ensure a division title and usually a bye. When he's had to go on the road, not so much, he's 3-4. Mark Sanchez has more playoff road wins. Granted 3 of those road losses were against Peyton and there's no shame in losing to someone better than you. I really thought the Colts would beat KC last week, I thought the weather would effect them, I thought the same thing about the Chiefs everyone used to say about the Colts. The weather did nothing to slow them down. It is to the Pats advantage that they've already faced them this year so Bill will be better prepared, but if I remember correctly Brady usually fares worse against a team in the playoffs that has seen him before in the season. I think it'll be close throughout but I think homefield helps KC, Mahomes pulls off a few throws nobody else could make and KC wins. Chiefs 31-27.
Astros

Post by Astros »

The refs made their mark today. Saints got absolutely fucked out of a Super Bowl appearance. Patriots had some dubious calls go their way in the 2nd half. Rooting for Bane in the Super Bowl
Royals
Name: Larry Bestwick

Post by Royals »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Royals

Post by Royals »

I respect the hell out of Brees, if there was a QB anywhere I'd be okay losing to, it would be Brees. In a league chock full of hyperbole, he is consistently underrated.
Goff on the other hand simply ain't ready.
Pick against the Pats at your peril. Those of you sticking your head in the sand, get comfy, Brady swears he'll be here until he's 45, only a fucknut like Kellerman would doubt him at this point.
Royals

Post by Royals »

One last thing. Tony Romo might be the single best to analyst ever. The guy is fantastic. Fuck the Cowboys, but Romo rules as an analyst. I love listening to the guy talk football.
Yankees
Name: Brett Zalaski

Post by Yankees »

I love that Bren can't return a trade offer for 87 months, but this is the first place he turns when the Patriots win.

That said, I was hoping for a Saints/Patriots or Rams/Chiefs Super Bowl. Thought either of those storylines would be fun. If it was going to be one of the other two options, this was the bronze medalist. I hate the Patriots, but goddamn if Belichick isn't an incredible coach. And anyone not thinking about giving McDaniels another shot as an HC is an idiot. And anyone thinking that McVay won't have that team ready is just wrong.

Amazing day of football.

And, yes, Romo was incredible. I don't love the moans and groans...but I'll happily stay for the insane insight & Nostradamus-esque reads of the game.
Guardians
Name: Pat Gillespie

Post by Guardians »

Nationals wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:23 am I love that Bren can't return a trade offer for 87 months, but this is the first place he turns when the Patriots win.
This ^
Astros

Post by Astros »

Tigers wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:21 pm
Nationals wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:23 am I love that Bren can't return a trade offer for 87 months, but this is the first place he turns when the Patriots win.
This ^
He's got to get his league activity for the year out of the way early, then be active for 2 weeks when we talk about booting him to start the process all over. Consider it the Groundhog Day of the IBC
Royals

Post by Royals »

Cardinals wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:03 pm
Tigers wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:21 pm
This ^
He's got to get his league activity for the year out of the way early, then be active for 2 weeks when we talk about booting him to start the process all over. Consider it the Groundhog Day of the IBC
Considering the pending Patriots victory, I predict an early spring for New England and a long winter for everyone else!
Cardinals

Post by Cardinals »

Patriots 34, Rams 24.

This game is close throughout, but I think Belichick will adjust well to McVay's in-game tactics. Patriots will be able to pull away late when the Rams pass rush tires.
12, 14, 15, 17, 22
Mets
Name: John Anderson

Post by Mets »

Pirates wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:52 pm Patriots 34, Rams 24.

This game is close throughout, but I think Belichick will adjust well to McVay's in-game tactics. Patriots will be able to pull away late when the Rams pass rush tires.
Same score - but opposite:

Rams 34 & Patriots 24
2008-2023 Mets: 1,054-1,223...463%
2006-2008 Rockies: 242-244...498%

IBC Total: 1,296-1,467...469%
2022: lost WC
2023: lost WC
Astros

Post by Astros »

Rooting hard for Bane on Sunday
Athletics
Name: Stephen d'Esterhazy

Post by Athletics »

What a shit game by the Rams offense that inherently rewards the Pats who couldnt do anything beyond their shitty dink and dunk offense to Edleman.
"My shit doesn't work in the playoffs. My job is to get us to the playoffs. What happens after that is fucking luck."

LAA 11 - 15 331W - 479L
LAA 16 - 20 477W - 333L 17-20 ALW
OAK 21 - 22 214W - 110L 21-22 ALW
Royals

Post by Royals »

That was one boring game. But a W is a W for #6. McVay got flat out out-coached by Belichick. I still think McDaniels goes a little bit stupid when it come to the SB, some of those play calls were just dumb.

For all the bitching about 'dink and dunk', a dink n dunk Superbowl win beats the shit out of exciting off balance throws that land you playing golf or in the ProBowl in January. If every QB could do it, they would, but they can't because their egos prevent it. If Mahomes had accepted the underneath throws that were open two weeks ago instead of trying to win the game with every throw, he might have ended up winning. But he didn't, possibly because he couldn't.

Who's ready for #7?
Astros

Post by Astros »

So here's the big question, are you actually going to participate in the league this year? Or are we not going to hear from you again until you get the annual "We're thinking about booting you due to inactivity" email from JP, then you send in a roster and say nothing until next year's playoff thread?
Cardinals

Post by Cardinals »

Pats.
12, 14, 15, 17, 22
Mets

Post by Mets »

Padres wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:21 pm That was one boring game. But a W is a W for #6. McVay got flat out out-coached by Belichick.
I wouldn't say that was a true statement. Goff missed some open guys and mistimed the throws to others that he didn't miss. I'd put this more on Goff's inexperience than I would say McVay got flat out out-coached. A tie/one-score game does not indicate outcoaching. It just comes down to who makes the big play. The Rams simply couldn't.

Cardinals

Post by Cardinals »

Mets wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:54 pm
Padres wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:21 pm That was one boring game. But a W is a W for #6. McVay got flat out out-coached by Belichick.
I wouldn't say that was a true statement. Goff missed some open guys and mistimed the throws to others that he didn't miss. I'd put this more on Goff's inexperience than I would say McVay got flat out out-coached. A tie/one-score game does not indicate outcoaching. It just comes down to who makes the big play. The Rams simply couldn't.
https://sports.yahoo.com/sean-mcvay-sup ... 36208.html

“I’m pretty numb right now,” McVay told reporters after the game. “Definitely I got outcoached. I didn’t do nearly good enough for our football team.”
12, 14, 15, 17, 22
Mets

Post by Mets »

Pirates wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:55 pm
Mets wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:54 pm
https://sports.yahoo.com/sean-mcvay-sup ... 36208.html

“I’m pretty numb right now,” McVay told reporters after the game. “Definitely I got outcoached. I didn’t do nearly good enough for our football team.”
I read the quotes on the Athletic. My first though - what a veteran move of a coach taking the emphasis off of his young players that did not perform.

Royals

Post by Royals »

The Defense is Phillips's, the offense is McVay's. The Ram got a whopping 3 points, and never really looked like a threat. McVay got flat out-coached.
McDaniels got out-coached too, but McVay far more-so, especially for how much he has been hyped.
Mets

Post by Mets »

If Cooks doesn't drop two touchdowns and the Rams win, does McVay still get outcoached?
Last edited by Mets on Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Royals

Post by Royals »

Mets wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:38 am If Brooks doesn't drop two touchdowns and the Rams win, does McVay still get outcoached?
Who's "Brooks"?

If, if, if...
If the Refs pull their heads out of their ass in the NFCCG, the Rams never make it to the SB. If Peters doesn't sound half the game holding, the Pats blow up the Rams. If Suh gets flagged for roughing the passer, flinging Brady around after he had thrown the ball.... If, if, if...

The Rams got shut out in the first half, made no discernible adjustments, and largely failed to even attempt to utilize their best offensive player. Out-fucking-coached.

Return to “The Dumpster”