IBC Miami Marlins press release

A place specifically for trash talk, check your sensitivities at the door. If you're offended, leave this area.
Marlins
Name: Nils

IBC Miami Marlins press release

Post by Marlins »

Sept 1, 2021

For immediate release

Miami Marlins ownership have announced today their plans to push back the future trade deadline for Marlins trades from midnight on Aug 31 to 10pm EST on Aug 31, effective 2022. Marlins GM Nils Erickson explained, "I'm too damned old and grumpy to be up until midnight on a night where I have to get up at 5:45am the following morning." Critics have responded to this new plan by pointing out the deals the Marlins were able to complete this year past the time of their newly self-imposed deadline, to which GM Erickson replied, "I don't give a shit, I am tired."

Marlins are hopeful that the rest of the league may follow suit and push forward the deadline by 2 hours as they have, but also understand the 20 year history of the midnight deadline.
Guardians
Name: Pat Gillespie

Re: IBC Miami Marlins press release

Post by Guardians »

Erickson added, "How come I can't get this stupid website to let me quote messages right?! I miss Myspace."
Marlins

Post by Marlins »

No, not myspace. I miss Geocities. And buttons on phones.
Marlins

Post by Marlins »

To everyone with kids: I apologize for complaining about only getting 5.5 hrs sleep one time. I am still tired and grumpy, but yeah I know it could be a lot worse...

Return to “The Dumpster”