Offseason Deals

Nate Hunter's blog. Nate was 717-506 (.586) in his IBC career with three playoff appearances, two via Wild Card (06-07) and an NL Central Title (2008)

Moderator: BlueJays

BlueJays
Name: David Taylor

Offseason Deals

Post by BlueJays »

Giants receive: Andruw Jones
Reds receive: Vernon Wells, Alcides Escobar

---------------------------------

Devil Rays recieve: Kyle Drabek, Jesse Litsch
Reds recieve: Edwar Ramirez, Argenis Diaz

Pierats recieve: Adrian Cardenas, Robert Rohrbaugh
Reds recieve: Doug Davis

Yankees recieve: Jonathan Papelbon, Vernon Wells, Pete Kozma, Julio Borbon
Reds recieve: Vladimir Guerrero, Michael Main, Austin Bailey, Edward Reynoso

Brewers receive: Felipe Lopez
Reds recieve: Bobby Seay

Nationals receive: Bobby Seay
Reds recieve: Miguel Olivo

Indians Receive: Jim Thome, Mike Mussina, Edwar Ramirez, Pat Misch
Reds Recieve: Alfonso Soriano, Matt Belisle, Jeff Clement, Matt Maloney
Last edited by BlueJays on Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:55 am, edited 4 times in total.
"Hating the Yankees is as American as pizza pie, unwed mothers, and cheating on your income tax."
BlueJays

Post by BlueJays »

Edwar Ramirez

Proper Name: Edwar E. Ramirez
Born: March 28, 1981 in San Juan, D.R.
Ht.: 6-3 Wt.: 155
Bats: R Throws: R

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/st ... ?id=469735

Code: Select all

Individual Pitching Stats 
Club (League) Class W L ERA G GS CG SV IP H R ER HR BB SO WP BB/9 SO/9 AVG WHIP STR% 
Trenton Thunder (EL) AA 3 0 0.54 9 0 0 1 16.2 6 1 1 1 8 33 1 4.32  17.82  .103  0.84 1.000  
Scranton-Wilkes Barre Yankees (IL) AAA 1 0 0.90 25 0 0 6 40.0 20 4 4 0 14 69 3 3.15  15.53  .149  0.85 .818  
New York Yankees (AL) MLB 1 1 8.14 21 0 0 1 21.0 24 19 19 6 14 31 4 6.00  13.29  .286  1.81 .500  
MAJOR LEAGUE TOTALS   1 1 8.14  21 0 0 1 21.0 24 19 19 6 14 31 4 6.00  13.29  .286  1.81  .500  
MINOR LEAGUE TOTALS   4 0 0.79  34 0 0 7 56.2 26 5 5 1 22 102 4 3.49  16.20  .135  0.85  .833 
Edwar represents the opportunity to add another potential elite arm to the pen. His k/9 ratio was off the charts in AA and great in AAA. Struggled some with his time in MLB, but I think he was unlucky, and I think he could shine. If he breaks through, to pair him with Papelbon, Krod, and Shields will be just plain unfair to the compeitition.
"Hating the Yankees is as American as pizza pie, unwed mothers, and cheating on your income tax."
BlueJays

Post by BlueJays »

Trade winds are blowing again.. a potential Left Handed SP on his way to Cincinnati..

More depth added to an already strong rotation, this trade if approved by the TRC, gives the Reds some extra insurance and depth, as well as a much needed LHP to break up the rotation if necessary.
BlueJays

Post by BlueJays »

The Cincinnati Reds announced the acquisition of LH SP Doug Davis in exchange for LHP Robert Rohrbaugh and 2b/SS Adrian Cardenas. Doug Davis gives the Reds another SP option and adds a much needed LHP and depth to the rotation. He'll be given a chance to compete for a spot behind Roy Halladay, Matt Cain, Javier Vazquez, Mike Mussina, and japanese sensation Hiroki Kuroda. Doug Davis was 13-12 last year, with a 4.25ERA. He had 144 strikeouts in 192.2 innings while walking 95.

GM Nate Hunter said, "We are happy to bring in a pitcher of Doug Davis' quality. We hated giving up one of our better young middle infield prospects in Cardenas, but we felt at this point in time, given some of the uncertainty surrounding our rotation that a trade for Doug Davis was a good move. If we can get 200 innings of league average starts from Davis at the back of our rotation, we feel we'll be in great shape. His arrival really helps eliminate some of the uncertainty we had if we went into the year as things stood. The fact that he's LH is also an asset to us at this time, as our pitchers are heavily RH at the ML level and in our rotation. He'll compete with Mussina and Kuroda for the last 2 spots in camp. If he doesn't crack the rotation, he can be an extra starter, long man, or lefty setup. He adds good depth and flexability."
BlueJays

Post by BlueJays »

Things have been coming along in the Queen City. But its also a sad day where we recognize, pending approvel from the TRC, the departure of a couple fixtures of our team last year in Jim Thome and Mike Mussina. Also departing is recently acquired Edwar Ramirez. We payed some talent to go wtih this deal for a couple reasons.

First, Thome is aging a bit, and his D isn't really suited for 1B as he's a DH. He belongs in the AL. With the trade of Thome I am gaining 2 upgrades in defense. First, Soriano has better defense than Adam Dunn, and he will now start in LF. Dunn has better D than Thome did at 1B, and will become the teams new first baseman - a position he may ultimately end up at in the MLB. I really felt the need to update the defense as it was not looking too good on the left side except for Wright. Now there are two strong defenders in Wright and Soriano.

We could afford the hit to the rotation in Mussina - who I am still a believer in. He was very hit unluckly last year and his FIP and xFIP indicate he was a much better pitcher than the results indicated. I'm suggesting he takes a good bounce back to the mean and performs like he's capable - giving the Indians perhaps their most legit starter.

Perhaps the big prize for me is the addition of catcher Jeff Clement. We needed to provide Posada with a couple days off, which accounts for the Olivo move. But Clement represents the future and depth at the C position that we haven't had in quite some time. There are doubts he can stick at the position, but we'll give him every chance to stick. His bat should be solid for a long time to come, and power from the LH side for a C is rare.

The wildcard is Maloney. He doesn't appear to much different than Misch who goes the other way - but I just have a gut feeling on him, a better read than I did with Misch. It hurt to do this move but at the same time, had to be done. Glad its over, and I wish nothing but good return on this investment for both teams.

And with this, the IBC Reds now have a top 100 prospect of 2008 - further helping to rebuild the farm from its neglected state.

Return to “The Hunt for Red October”