Goodbye Letter

Nate Hunter's blog. Nate was 717-506 (.586) in his IBC career with three playoff appearances, two via Wild Card (06-07) and an NL Central Title (2008)

Moderator: BlueJays

Cardinals
Name: John Paul Starkey

Goodbye Letter

Post by Cardinals »

Nate emailed me asking me to post this, so I shall.

Dear IBC members,

It is with regret that I have been expelled from the IBC. As hopeful as I was to be able to run my team from a distance this year, it was just not feasable. My time had greatly diminished for a number of reasons from career moves to family health crisis. As some of you know I lost my father last summer to Lung Cancer, and it appears cancer may overtake my mother in law very soon as well. Between frequent trips to TX to be at her side with my wife, and long hours in the liquor business, I just was not able to attend to my team as it, you all, and the league deserved.

Due to my inattentivness I overlooked a number of DL issues, which led to me incurring a number of penalties, and in turn hurting my teams overall standing in the NLC. Even if I had been there to attend to my team, I'm not sure I could have overcome the amount of injuries my team has continued to sustain. Seriously, it appears my own guys were starting to take each other out(see Cain beaning Wright). Even when I thought I was on top of my DL issues, I wasn't. It affected the leauge in a negative way. I'm terribly sorry for that, and I don't hold any ill will towards anyone in the league or the decisions they needed to make in the best interests of the league and everyone else.

I'm sorry, I thought I would have time to keep an eye on my squad, even from a distance. But that just turned out not to be the case. I started doing retail sales in liquor, and I'm now managing two large liquor stores in the Denver area. My goal is to open or purchase my own store in about 1 more year. This is a major career change for me, as some may know. I previously did IT work. But its something I'm pretty good at, and I can feasably make a living at, and be my own boss.

I'm really at a crossroads in my life, and I guess its just time to say goodbye to the IBC. I wish I could have done it properly, at the end of the season, at its completion. But it didn't work out that way. Sincerest apologies to everyone, and I wish you all nothing but the best! Keep in touch, you all made this league great and fun to be a part of. It was a great run of 7 years or so. I'm just sorry I wasn't able to get a banner before I left.

Its going to be a shame to see my team dismantled. I hope Ken gets the Cincinnati franchise after this season. He deserves it. Thanks again to everyone for making this league what it was. I've made great friends, and had a lot of great memories. Maybe if my situation changes in a year or two, and a spots open, the league may be willing to grant me a second chance.

Regards,
Nate
12, 14, 15, 17, 22
Mets
Name: John Anderson

Post by Mets »

Nates a good guy. He's had a black cloud for the past 3 years, truthfully.

Seriously, IT to Liquor sales? Hope it helps his music ventures somehow.
2008-2023 Mets: 1,054-1,223...463%
2006-2008 Rockies: 242-244...498%

IBC Total: 1,296-1,467...469%
2022: lost WC
2023: lost WC
Yankees
Name: Brett Zalaski

Post by Yankees »

Nate - if you somehow read this - I don't think there's any question that we'd want you back. Best of luck with everything...
Royals
Name: Larry Bestwick

Post by Royals »

Royals wrote:Nate - if you somehow read this - I don't think there's any question that we'd want you back. Best of luck with everything...
Amen

Return to “The Hunt for Red October”