STP

Nate Hunter's blog. Nate was 717-506 (.586) in his IBC career with three playoff appearances, two via Wild Card (06-07) and an NL Central Title (2008)

Moderator: BlueJays

BlueJays
Name: David Taylor

STP

Post by BlueJays »

So, found out today - that one of my favorite bands of all time STP(Stone Temple Pilots for those not in the know) are going back on tour! Can't wait! Red Rocks ninja!!

I dont think it will fall apart Van Halen style either.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stone_Temple_Pilots
Reunion: 2008-present
On January 20, 2008, a Miami Herald blog reported that Scott said that the public "should be on the lookout for an STP reunion in the coming months." Billy Morrison also claimed on a December 29, 2007 edition of Camp Freddy Radio that STP have venues on hold for shows and that "it's no secret, half of LA knows it," implicating a reunion tour.

STP will be headlining the Rock on the Range festival in Columbus, Ohio to kick off their tour. [13] The band also recently posted the dates for the majority of the first leg of their tour on their website.

Stone Temple Pilots held a press conference and mini concert in Hollywood at Harry Houdini's estate on April 7, 2008 to announce their full US tour that will last from May until November. Dean DeLeo stated at the press conference that STP will head into the studio following the tour and record the long awaited follow up to Shangri-La Dee Da.[14] STP has also been announced to make an appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live! on May 1.
"Hating the Yankees is as American as pizza pie, unwed mothers, and cheating on your income tax."
Mets
Name: John Anderson

Post by Mets »

If they're depending on Scott Weiland, they're in touble.
2008-2023 Mets: 1,054-1,223...463%
2006-2008 Rockies: 242-244...498%

IBC Total: 1,296-1,467...469%
2022: lost WC
2023: lost WC
BlueJays

Post by BlueJays »

Weiland has been out of trouble for a few years now John. Last skirmish he got in was when his wife got arrested for domestic disturbance after burning about 10K of clothes...

But if its the drug thing you're worried about, I'm not nearly as worried. Not saying he's clean, but he hasn't been in touble for drugs - at least to my knowlege - for quite some time.

I seen them 7th row center at the old McNichols arena about 10 years ago. Maybe a little less. Fucking awesome show. One of the best I've ever seen. And I've seen some damn fine shows, legendary bands even(Pink Floyd, Roger Waters etc). I even had the fortune of meeting most of the band at that show(they were walking around the floor in disguise when doors opened, happened to be able to pick out the DeLeo brothers tho, and got autographs all around! Its weird, I've been fortunate enough in my life to be able to meet a lot of great artists, particularly electronic DJ's.. have a penchant for getting past security.. heh. One of these days, if I ever get a good scanner, I'll have to scan some of the shit I got and post it here or something.. archive it... meh..).

I dunno. I just love the band, thought I'd share.
"Hating the Yankees is as American as pizza pie, unwed mothers, and cheating on your income tax."
Astros
Name: Ty Bradley

Post by Astros »

And here I thought we were going to have a thread about Richard Petty
Mets
Name: John Anderson

Post by Mets »

"In December 2007 Scott Weiland was arrested and charged with DUI, his first arrest in over four years (since October 27, 2003). On February 7, 2008, blabbermouth.net officially reported that Weiland checked himself into rehab. This resulted in the cancellation of their Australian tour (which had initially been postponed for 2 months already). The article does not mention why Weiland, who has claimed sobriety since 2003, entered the facility. [2] He left rehab in early March according to his lawyer. [3]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Weiland

I hope you get to see them again before the band inevitably cancels their tour.
2008-2023 Mets: 1,054-1,223...463%
2006-2008 Rockies: 242-244...498%

IBC Total: 1,296-1,467...469%
2022: lost WC
2023: lost WC
BlueJays

Post by BlueJays »

LOL.. didn't know that..

But still, I think they're a far cry from Van Halen... who's now announced and then promptly cancelled tours like 3 times in a row.
Athletics
Name: Stephen d'Esterhazy

Post by Athletics »

Nate, STP is playing in Boston this summer.
"My shit doesn't work in the playoffs. My job is to get us to the playoffs. What happens after that is fucking luck."

LAA 11 - 15 331W - 479L
LAA 16 - 20 477W - 333L 17-20 ALW
OAK 21 - 22 214W - 110L 21-22 ALW
BlueJays

Post by BlueJays »

They're playin at Red Rocks too! w00t!
BlueJays

Post by BlueJays »

So, I got some tickets for the 2nd of July. 25th row. Sucks, I shoulda had 11th row but for some reason Ticketmaster rejected my security code on my card. Redonkulous, but what are you gonna do. Still great seats at Red Rocks. Should be a great show. Got a good review in Vegas from their critics.. a B+ which is about the highest mark the critic out there gives anyone. I'll report on the show so long as I still get to go(assuming other shit doesn't pop up - see hot sheet thread).

July 2nd, STP.

Then July 19th, Rave On The Rocks!!!!!!! Benny Banasi, Deiselboy, Deadmau5.. gonna be TITS!

Return to “The Hunt for Red October”