The I <3 Game

Nate Hunter's blog. Nate was 717-506 (.586) in his IBC career with three playoff appearances, two via Wild Card (06-07) and an NL Central Title (2008)

Moderator: BlueJays

DBacks
Name: Dave Mueller

Post by DBacks »

He also overthrew Plax after breaking away and getting out of the pocket in the second half, but it wasn't killer.
DBacks

Post by DBacks »

Oh, and Opposite Day TVs rule. You should watch The View on it. Hot naked chicks everywhere who don't speak unless spoken to.
DBacks

Post by DBacks »

And Z shut up and post those damn rankings already. :)

Or are you too excited about Super Tuesday to focus?
Yankees
Name: Brett Zalaski

Post by Yankees »

I almost passed out at my desk no less the 12 times yesterday. I have a basketball game tonight. Rankings should be posted on Wednesday - I would like everyone in the league to shoot me an email to remind me though...
Yankees

Post by Yankees »

Meant to say:
I almost passed out at my desk no less the 12 times yesterday. Therefore I went to bed at 8:30 last night.
Royals
Name: Larry Bestwick

Post by Royals »

19 of 34 is ok, it's not 'good'. 3 points on the opening drive when you get that close? Not good (remember the Chargers? I bet you were thinking about them after that first drive). Eli was able to play a better game because his O line gave him better protection. The Giants brought a ton of pressure and were much more successful with that pressure than ANYONE could have expected. As a buddy of mine said, the Pats' O line was so porous, you'd have thought Brady screwed each of their wives and mothers the night before.

What rule that nobody on earth knew about are you referencing Z? The only thing that really surprised me was that Belichick was able to challenge the 12 men on the field non-call, but that came when the Pats had the ball.
Yankees

Post by Yankees »

I'm talking about "Illegal Batting of the Football." You can't tell me you've ever heard that one.

Talked to one of my friends who's a football referee, too. He said that rule was misjudged - and I heard that again today on ESPN. The rule is to prohibit a player batting a fumbled ball directly to a teammate for the purpose of moving it forward. If Bradshaw knew that Steve Smith was "open" 10 yards downfield, then he has better court vision then Magic Johnson.
BlueJays
Name: David Taylor

Post by BlueJays »

Allright Aholes..

This is my blog, and my thread of the I <3 Game..

You're breaking the rules of this game. Each post must end with something you <3. Feel free to rant about whatever you want.. argue till the sky falls.. but you must end your post with an I <3 .....

FOLLOW THE RULES OR DIE.

I <3 The Rules.

Oh

And Eli Manning :D
Last edited by BlueJays on Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Hating the Yankees is as American as pizza pie, unwed mothers, and cheating on your income tax."
Cardinals
Name: John Paul Starkey

Post by Cardinals »

i <3 dusty baker managing my division rivals
12, 14, 15, 17, 22
BlueJays

Post by BlueJays »

Pirates wrote:i <3 dusty baker managing my division rivals
Fair enough..

I <3 Walt Jocketty jumping ship to Cincinnati.
"Hating the Yankees is as American as pizza pie, unwed mothers, and cheating on your income tax."
Cardinals

Post by Cardinals »

i guess you <3 depleted farm systems and overpriced free agent signings? me too!
12, 14, 15, 17, 22
BlueJays

Post by BlueJays »

Pirates wrote:i guess you <3 depleted farm systems and overpriced free agent signings? me too!
No.. I <3 having a top 3 farm systems in the game, with the best overall prospect in the game.
Cardinals

Post by Cardinals »

Reds wrote:
Pirates wrote:i guess you <3 depleted farm systems and overpriced free agent signings? me too!
No.. I <3 having a top 3 farm systems in the game, with the best overall prospect in the game.

really? then I guess you won't <3 jocketty in a year :(
12, 14, 15, 17, 22
Royals

Post by Royals »

Royals wrote:I'm talking about "Illegal Batting of the Football." You can't tell me you've ever heard that one.

Talked to one of my friends who's a football referee, too. He said that rule was misjudged - and I heard that again today on ESPN. The rule is to prohibit a player batting a fumbled ball directly to a teammate for the purpose of moving it forward. If Bradshaw knew that Steve Smith was "open" 10 yards downfield, then he has better court vision then Magic Johnson.
Nope, never heard of it (and forgot about that play) but it makes perfect sense and regardless of Bradshaw's INTENT (which was almost certainly to knock it out of bounds) what happened was that it went forward. Officials don't make calls on intent, they make calls on what happened. You may try to hold up on hitting a QB or kicker after they throw/kick the football, but if you end up hitting them, (outside of a reasonable span of time) you're going to get penalized. Only results matter.
BlueJays

Post by BlueJays »

Pirates wrote:
Reds wrote:

really? then I guess you won't <3 jocketty in a year :(
You're not following the rules JP... Please modify your post, or else it will die.

Jocketty is an advisor.. for now - 2 good heads are better than one. Krivsky is intent on trading the young guys, and it hasn't happened yet and I have no reason to believe he will in the future unless its for a front line starter.

I <3 Jay Bruce - for that matter.
Royals

Post by Royals »

I <3 Pedroia. And Ellsbury, Beckett, Manny, Papi
BlueJays

Post by BlueJays »

RedSox wrote:I <3 Eli Manning
Me too!

I <3 NYG!
Last edited by BlueJays on Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cardinals

Post by Cardinals »

i <3 mark prior and kerry wood's health
12, 14, 15, 17, 22
Athletics
Name: Stephen d'Esterhazy

Post by Athletics »

Reds wrote:
RedSox wrote:I <3 JPs Mom
Me too!
Follow the I <3 Rules Nate!
"My shit doesn't work in the playoffs. My job is to get us to the playoffs. What happens after that is fucking luck."

LAA 11 - 15 331W - 479L
LAA 16 - 20 477W - 333L 17-20 ALW
OAK 21 - 22 214W - 110L 21-22 ALW
Royals

Post by Royals »

I <3 Clemens and Pettite's Dealer...
I <3 Pete Rose's bookie too...
BlueJays

Post by BlueJays »

Angels wrote:
Reds wrote:
RedSox wrote:I <3 JPs Mom
Me too!
Follow the I <3 Rules Nate!
Bren and Dave.. you have forsaken the rules of the I <3 game.. this is your last warning.

I <3 Obama!
Yankees

Post by Yankees »

I <3 Bill Richardson and whoever he decides to support.

I also <3 the fact that Bren is trying to argue a rule he knows nothing about against a football referee and an analyst on ESPN reporting 24 hours after the game.
Nationals
Name: Ian Schnaufer

Post by Nationals »

I'll play...I have a big list of <3 right now

I <3 having a great Super Bowl
I <3 paying attention to Super Tuesday and not my Thucydides
I <3 IBC civility
I <3 Sicilian red wine (which explains the previous "I <3")
Royals

Post by Royals »

Royals wrote:I <3 Bill Richardson and whoever he decides to support.

I also <3 the fact that Bren is trying to argue a rule he knows nothing about against a football referee and an analyst on ESPN reporting 24 hours after the game.
I <3 ESPN analysts. Stupid people are great.
I <3 Brett's Peewee league football referee friend.
Most of all, I <3 Brett's explanation of the rule and his clear argument for why it was applied wrong. Because if it was such a strong argument, he'd have made it already.
I <3 Huckabee (yeah, I went there) for undermining Mitt "The Two-faced lying douchebag" Romney.
Giants
Name: Jake Hamlin

Post by Giants »

If you want a Democrat to win the 2008 election you definitely don't <3 Huckabee, McCain's got this one.

I <3 McCain

I also <3 Tony Clark as soon as someone signs him.

Return to “The Hunt for Red October”