Publicity stunt

Seth Dudowski's blog. Seth finished his IBC Career with a 212-252 (.457) record and one division title (2009 AL West)

Moderator: Rockies

Rockies
Name: Nate Hunter

Publicity stunt

Post by Rockies »

I hate celebrity gossip, and really couldn't care less, but after the huge deal made about jessica simpson somehow jinxing or hypnotizing tony romo, i think it's odd that romo has dumped her a week before the super bowl.
http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2008/ ... mpson.html

This whole thing was just a publicity stunt, and probably mostly constructed by simpson's side (you think she didn't love an entire stadium wearing her face as a mask). I thought the whole thing was a complete joke, and a non-factor in any of romo's miscues, but it seemed like a lot of heat to take for a girl that your going to dump in a week.

Also, if you thought she was a distraction to tony now, just wait until she shows up wearing an eli jersey next year and see how distracted he will be.
Yankees
Name: Brett Zalaski

Post by Yankees »

Here's the thing - and I totally agree w/ Terry Bradshaw (who for God-knows-what-reason caught backlash on this) - and I've probably mentioned it on this board before - but JUST DON'T F'ING GO TO MEXICO. What can you possibly gain from Mexico that you couldn't gain from being locked in your penthouse apartment or mansion with her? It was just a dumb move - not because going to Mexico is the wrong thing, it's because going to Mexico with Jessica Simpson the week after people called her bad luck for wearing your jersey to your game is the wrong thing.

Also, rumor has it Romo tried to get her to dump him by making her go on a weekend hunting trip w/o her entourage in a small cabin in the backwoods of Texas. He figured it'd be the absolute worst weekend of her life, and she'd dump him. Apparently that didn't work, and he went the "Let's just be friends route." Just cut the chord my man, all men in America are behind you (especially Cowboys fans and John Mayer)...
Astros
Name: Ty Bradley

Post by Astros »

Yeah I'm with you Z, I don't see how Bradshaw caught flack for it? The only way you'd see Brady or Peyton in Mexico the week before a playoff game was if they were hostages. Now, I am not a Tony Romo fan, mainly because he completely ruined Carrie Underwood for me, but he deserved every bit of flack he caught for this. And he breaks up with her over the phone? Oh well, should be interesting to see how he'll blow a playoff game next year. Maybe he'll pull a Danny White and fumble on the last drive
Royals
Name: Larry Bestwick

Post by Royals »

Seriously, over the phone? He has more money than he probably knows what to do with and he can't hop a flight to LA to say this to her face? I'm no Simpson fan by any means, but I'm thinking the jinx is the mentally 12yr old (ok, 16...) Tony Romo, not Jessica Simpson.
Tigers
Name: Ben L. Montgomery

Post by Tigers »

Cardinals wrote:Oh well, should be interesting to see how he'll blow a playoff game next year. Maybe he'll pull a Danny White and fumble on the last drive

Romo already one upped Danny White's fumble by fumbling last year's game winning, point blank range, field goal. He's got some pretty high accomplishments already to live up to, when it comes to choking in the playoffs.
Giants
Name: Jake Hamlin

Post by Giants »

I heard on the radio that it's bogus and Simpson is suing them (not sure what her claim would be even if they totally made it up, but I'd love to be in that courtroom).
Yankees
Name: Brett Zalaski

Post by Yankees »

Over the phone, with the "let's be friends" is the BEST way to do it - easily the most ego-annihilating way to do it.

Also, there's a 100% chance I couldn't break up with Jessica Simpson if she was w/n 3 yards of me, and wanted to have sex with me at some point in the next 48 hours.
Royals
Name: Larry Bestwick

Post by Royals »

Royals wrote:Also, there's a 100% chance I couldn't break up with Jessica Simpson if she was w/n 3 yards of me, and wanted to have sex with me at some point in the next 48 hours.
Good call
Dodgers
Site Admin
Name: Shawn Walsh

Post by Dodgers »

Return to “Rangers with Candy”