Too many bowl games?

Seth Dudowski's blog. Seth finished his IBC Career with a 212-252 (.457) record and one division title (2009 AL West)

Moderator: Rockies

Rockies
Name: Nate Hunter

Too many bowl games?

Post by Rockies »

Now that we've made it to the end of the never-ending bowl season, I can finally stop hearing people complain about how there's a billion bowl games, how none of them mean anything, how unless you have a rooting interest or are gambling on them, that these games mean nothing. While all these things may be true, I have one thing to say to those claims...

WHO CARES!

These games are not played to generate ratings, or to get people in the stands. These bowl games are for the players, not the fans, and you can see it every single bowl game. These teams are all playing like it's their national championship, because it is. I'm not saying that people should care about the San diego county credit union poinsettia bowl, but how can you complain about a hard played football game on a random tuesday night. If you have no interest in the "bowl season," simply shut it off, and you don't even have to feel bad about missing an important game. But too many games? For all I care they can have 100 games, and I probably wouldnt watch many, but at least these conferences get to make a little extra money, and the players in these games get to play in big time stadiums on national t.v.
Padres
Site Admin
Name: Jim Berger

Re: Too many bowl games?

Post by Padres »

Rangers wrote:Now that we've made it to the end of the never-ending bowl season, I can finally stop hearing people complain about how there's a billion bowl games, how none of them mean anything, how unless you have a rooting interest or are gambling on them, that these games mean nothing. While all these things may be true, I have one thing to say to those claims...

WHO CARES!

These games are not played to generate ratings, or to get people in the stands. These bowl games are for the players, not the fans, and you can see it every single bowl game. These teams are all playing like it's their national championship, because it is. I'm not saying that people should care about the San diego county credit union poinsettia bowl, but how can you complain about a hard played football game on a random tuesday night. If you have no interest in the "bowl season," simply shut it off, and you don't even have to feel bad about missing an important game. But too many games? For all I care they can have 100 games, and I probably wouldnt watch many, but at least these conferences get to make a little extra money, and the players in these games get to play in big time stadiums on national t.v.
Exactly ... well said. It's not like anyone is forced to watch 'em or that the bowl games are replacing any baseball games on TV.

Return to “Rangers with Candy”