Seahawks

Jagger Traylor's blog

Moderator: Mariners

Cardinals
Name: John Paul Starkey

Post by Cardinals »

Tigers wrote:
Padres wrote:Thanks for responding, it gives me a chance to point out some huge holes in the so-called analysis you linked. As glaring omissions go, I don't think you could get more obvious than completely failing to account for Home field or the weather. That's like trying to do statistical analysis in baseball without accounting for park factor. So either the analyst is a completely inept dipshit, or he was trying to prove a biased point, one that favors QBs that play in domes and otherwise favorable weather for passing. Hmmm...

I knew your Brady inferiority complex would pop up eventually. Brady's had two trips to the Super Bowl in the last six seasons, including a season where he went 16-0 in the regular season, breaking just about every record in the book, demonstrating beyond any doubt that Spygate was completely overblown. Taping signals is perfectly legal, you just can't do it from the sideline. BFD. And unlike Peyton Manning, Brady was able to walk off the field in the fourth quarter of both of those games.
Eli 2.
Tom 0.
That is all.
Actually, Brady has 3.
12, 14, 15, 17, 22
Yankees
Name: Brett Zalaski

Post by Yankees »

Think he means head to head...

In fact...HELL YEA I KNOW HE MEANS IT!
Yankees
Name: Brett Zalaski

Post by Yankees »

In all seriousness, I think Aaron is arguing (and I'm defending) that Manning gets an unfair amount of criticism in their defeats. When the Broncos win, it's because of Manning. When the Broncos lose, it's because Manning chokes (I'm not sure who these people you say 'defend' Manning). When the Patriots win, it's because Belichick is God and Brady is Jesus. When the Patriots lose, it's because of injuries or luck.

Brady's Super Bowl wins came alongside some of the most complete teams in the history of the NFL. Since he has been surrounded with less depth, more injuries, and less top end offensive talent, he hasn't won any Super Bowls. I think advanced stats can back up the fact that Manning is not a choker, though I'll admit he's clearly not as successful as he has been in the regular season from a W-L or timely interception standpoint. It's very easy to focus on losses, and forget victories...but that, then, is a very isolated view...and not a look into the entire body of work. As a playoff QB, Peyton is one of the best ever. As a Super Bowl winning QB, he's not...but the talking heads & general public would have you believe there's an entire ocean between those two things...when there's more like a little stream.

Return to “DBacks”