I wish everyone could vote like me.

Jagger Traylor's blog

Moderator: Mariners

Mariners
Name: Jagger

I wish everyone could vote like me.

Post by Mariners »

Sitting here watching all the long voting lines got me thinking about yesterday morning, when the wife and I finally got around to voting. I say finally because we have had our ballots for over a week.

Anyway, we were hanging out in blankets on the couch, with our coffee, ballots, and a pile of all the political crap sent to our house. We had the computer on, so we could research any info not supplied to us by one faction or another, and we did our voting.

I wish everyone, not just those with absentee ballots, but everyone throughout our country was able to vote like us in Oregon - by Mail-in voting. There are also drop boxes, for those that don't trust the mail.
Tigers
Name: Ben L. Montgomery

Post by Tigers »

I actually did that on Saturday.

Sat in front of the computer with a cup of coffee & baileys. Looked up the information I wanted to on all the propositions, initiatives, candidates, etc. Read the pros and cons of each prop, looked at who was supporting which candidates and for what reasons, looked up some of the judges decisions and then filled in the ballot.

Nice and relaxing. The only thing better was the year the wife and I did that about two weeks before the election and then went on vacation to Mexico for two weeks. Didn't have to listen to all the crap political commercials, deal with all the soliciting votes phone calls, see all the political flyers littering the sides of the roads in this beautiful, fall colored city. Just sittin' on the beach in Mexico, drinkin' 24-7 and not having to worry a bit about politics. Now THAT is the way to survive a November election.
Padres
Site Admin
Name: Jim Berger

Post by Padres »

Patti and I just voted ... stood in line a little over an hour.

Speaking with the City Clerk I was told that there was just under 3,700 absentee ballots cast - in Wells we have about 10,000 registered voters.
Pirates
Name: Jake Levine

Post by Pirates »

I had to walk less then 500 feet and i was in and out in under 3 minutes.
Astros
Name: Ty Bradley

Post by Astros »

Yeah I just voted and it took me less than 5 minutes. Advantages of a small town I guess
Nationals
Name: Ian Schnaufer

Post by Nationals »

I voted early two weeks ago...in line for less than two minutes and then I was out of there. It was damn nice to get it done but I feel a little left out today with everybody looking special and smug with their "I Voted" stickers.
Royals
Name: Larry Bestwick

Post by Royals »

voted a week and a half ago on a Saturday morning. No lines, no mess, just a SHITLOAD of ballot initiatives. My favorite was one which increased the number of signatures needed for a constitutional ballot initiative... there shouldn't be 14 constitutional amendments on the ballot... that's ridiculous.
Giants
Name: Jake Hamlin

Post by Giants »

I got the best of both worlds since you drop absentee ballots off at polling places in California (and mine happens to be literally just outside the back gate. I sat down and voted last night in the comfort of my own couch, and then dropped off my ballot in front of all the people in line and still got a sticker :D
Yankees
Name: Brett Zalaski

Post by Yankees »

I voted a week and a half ago via absentee. Since I don't live in CT, I only voted for President. It was nice and relaxing.

Return to “DBacks”