Continental Baseball Association openings

Shawn Lape's blog. Lape finished his IBC career 266-335 (.443) with the Astros and Tigers between October 2007-August 2011, and never made the playoffs.
Guardians
Name: Pat Gillespie

Continental Baseball Association openings

Post by Guardians »

The Continental Baseball Association is looking for potential owners. The CBA is a simulation baseball league using the OOTP software (we used DMB up until 2006), and has been in existence since 1997. We currently have 26 teams, and are looking to expand.

This league is very comprehensive, having 225 player organizations, player salaries, team budgets, contract negotiations, restricted free agency, unrestricted free agency, player service time, player options, waivers, etc. While we don’t model MLB completely, most of the basic rules apply to the CBA.

www.CBABaseball.com

Feel free to navigate the site. Check out the extensive player pages, boxscores, etc.

Our tentative schedule is as follows:
1. Choose new owners by November 1, 2008
2. New owners would have full access to the site to observe offseason activities, and would also be able to serve in various league roles (i.e. player agent) if interested.
3. New owners would have the ability to choose their expansion city, which would then have to be approved by the league. Owners, after naming their team, would also be responsible for finding or creating their own team logo.
4. The first function as team owner would take place with the 2009 amateur draft in June or July. This is a live draft, and usually takes place about 3 weeks after the MLB draft.
5. At the completion of the 2009 season, we would hold an Expansion Draft in early November.
6. Expansion teams would be given a budget and would be a fully functional CBA franchise, able to sign free agents, make trades, etc.

I’m willing to answer any questions you may have. John Anderson and Jason Gudim are also CBA team owners, and they would also be willing to answer any potential questions.

If interested, contact me at lapsha15@comcast.net for more information.

Return to “Tigers”