College Football Thread

Andrew Howard's blog
Nationals
Name: Ian Schnaufer

College Football Thread

Post by Nationals »

I'm watching the Texas-OSU game (couldn't get tickets for a decent price this week...damn) and I'm continuing to marvel at this team. They are just too damn good. I don't see anyone--not 'Bama, not Penn State, not ANYONE beating them this year.

Hook 'Em!
Astros
Name: Ty Bradley

Post by Astros »

Lucky you Andrew, I'm getting stuck with U of L/South Florida
Nationals

Post by Nationals »

That's pretty depressing, Aaron.
Rangers
Site Admin
Name: Brett Perryman

Post by Rangers »

Tech in Lubbock is going to be some kind of game. They should get through Kansas, etc. if they can pull that out, though, and I don't know how confident I would have been about that a week or two ago.
Giants
Name: Jake Hamlin

Post by Giants »

Every year it looks like that and then every year Texas hits TT in the mouth. On a quasi related note, has there ever been a quarterback, either real or fictional, with a better QB name than Colt McCoy?
Nationals

Post by Nationals »

Tigers wrote:Tech in Lubbock is going to be some kind of game. They should get through Kansas, etc. if they can pull that out, though, and I don't know how confident I would have been about that a week or two ago.
It almost makes me want to drive up to Lubbock for the game. And then I remember I have several papers due the next week and it's Lubbock for Chrissakes!
Rangers
Site Admin

Post by Rangers »

Athletics wrote:Every year it looks like that and then every year Texas hits TT in the mouth. On a quasi related note, has there ever been a quarterback, either real or fictional, with a better QB name than Colt McCoy?
Well, I don't think that it looks like that every year, but then I'm in the middle of all of it.
Giants

Post by Giants »

Over the last five years they haven't held Texas under 35 points. Knocked in the mouth is probably an unfair characterization, I root hard for Texas Tech because I'm a spread offense guy, and they've certainly proven they can score with Texas, but they'll need to stop the Longhorns and that will be tough, especially since Texas has one of the very few quarterbacks better than Graham Harrell.

2007 Texas wins 59-43
2006 Texas wins 35-31
2005 Texas wins 52-17
2004 Texas wins 51-21
2003 Texas wins 43-40
Rangers
Site Admin

Post by Rangers »

I'm not disagreeing that Texas has knocked them in the mouth. I'm saying that I wasn't surprised in previous years when they did. I was skeptical that this Tech team was much different, but I've come around on them. Their defense has held up pretty nicely against most of the good offenses they've faced (who are like Texas in style), and Crabtree is a freaking stud. I'm curious what the tiebreaker is if Tech loses to OU but beats Texas, and they all finish with one loss. Of course Tech still has to play Okie St too, so they could very easily win next week and be out of the mix anyway.
Giants

Post by Giants »

Ya OSU is getting no pub at this moment. You'd think I'm A Man Gundy would get at least a little more attention. The Big 12 is more legitimately stacked then it has ever been since its inception this year I believe.

Return to “Twin Killings”