The Curse

Andrew Howard's blog
Nationals
Name: Ian Schnaufer

The Curse

Post by Nationals »

There seems to be a bit of a trend with the players I deal away: fairly quickly after they leave my squad, Bad Things begin to happen. Beginning from last year:

Ryan Howard and Josh Fields for Adam LaRoche and Jeff Francis
--While Howard has continued to slug, his average has nosedived and he continues to strikeout frightfully much--not a good sign. Fields has been injured and continues to be blocked by Joe Crede

Yovani Gallardo for Billy Wagner, Michael Barrett and Joel Pineiro
--This was the deal that got me to the World Series. Currently, Gallardo is out for the season, though he should make a full recovery (but he's still down for the year).

Kameron Loe for Alan Embree
--Loe still hasn't put it together. End of story.

Homer Bailey and Wilson Betemit for Josh Fields and Jered Weaver
--Bailey's struggles have been well-documented. He might still turn it around but probably not soon. Betemit does not look like he will ever be anything more than a platoon player.

Terrmel Sledge, Mark Ellis and Kevin Mulvey for Alexi Casilla and Wilson Betemit
--Terrmel is in Japan and Mulvey is scuffling in AAA Rochester. However, the aberration here is Mark Ellis, who has continued his at the same standard of play in the year-and-a-half after I traded him.

Stephen Head, Jose Castillo and Tony Armas for Mark Teahen and Matt Clement
--None of these players really have done much since the deal, though Head is no longer a prospect, Castillo has gotten worse, and Tony Armas has continued to be a headcase.

Brandon Wood for Juan Rincon and Andy Pettitte
--Will Wood ever live up to that magical season he had in A/AA ball? I'm thinking no at this point.

That's a good start into the previous few years...will this trend apply to Chad Billingsley or will he fall victim to this remarkable run? I wouldn't bet against it...
Guardians
Name: Pat Gillespie

Post by Guardians »

The curse stops with Billingsley.
Nationals
Name: Ian Schnaufer

Post by Nationals »

Astros wrote:The curse stops with Billingsley.
As long as he stays with y'all in the NL, I'm totally fine with that
Giants
Name: Jake Hamlin

Post by Giants »

As long as Mulvey keeps simming this year like he has been it'll be OK if that's all I ever get from him. He had a few really nice appearances early for Rochester, we'll see the walks come back down, that's what's killing him. I'm keeping the faith.

Return to “Twin Killings”