Tigers End of Season Block

Selling? Buying? Post here!
Guardians
Name: Pat Gillespie

Tigers End of Season Block

Post by Guardians »

Couple pieces available as we head into the deadline. Main needs are a 2019 SP better than what I have or a long-term CF solution.

Chris Sale. As previously mentioned. Out for the rest of 2019 to rest inflammation in his elbow. No surgery diagnosis yet. Not giving him away, but interested in discussions.

Shin-Soo Choo. 3rd straight 20+ home run season. Second straight .370+ OBP season. Sprinkled in 11 steals so far this year and ISO has increased each of the last three years. Great DH or bat off the bench.

Roberto Perez. #7 in WAR among all catchers at 2.1 so far this year. Elite defense and 20 home runs. Can serve in a backup/occasional starter role.

Matt Barnes/Chris Devenski. Both have very good projections with ok 2019 numbers. Barnes 3.54 ERA/124 ERA+. Devenski 3.39 ERA/122 ERA+

Anthony Banda/Jacob Waguespack/Eric Lauer. Trio of young pitchers who could be moved if it leads to an upgrade. Banda has a solid 2019 projection and is rehabbing from TJ. Waguespack/Lauer both looking like 1-2 win pitchers by year's end. All three are mid-20s at the MLB level.

Andy Ibanez/Brett Phillips. Hitters who have had nice success at AAA. Ibanez, 26, slashing .301/.377/.492 with 17 HR as a middle infielder. Phillips flashes plus D in CF and speed, at .240/.378/.505 with 18 HR and 22 SB. Just got called back up to MLB.
Guardians
Name: Pat Gillespie

Re: Tigers End of Season Block

Post by Guardians »

Still interested in a deal or two before the deadline, but admittedly pretty tied up with hurricane prep. If anyone has an idea, please shoot me a message. Would love a nice this-year SP option, but that's unlikely to materialize. In the absence of that, would look for a nice CF/RF option that would either allow me to keep Betts in RF/get a CF or leave Betts in CF/upgrade Grichuk. Open to ideas/thoughts.

Return to “The Marketplace”