That's some serious Buxton Love........

Brennan Church's blog

Moderator: Tigers

Tigers
Name: Ben L. Montgomery

That's some serious Buxton Love........

Post by Tigers »

Buxton with a busy night last night.

Position Prospect of the Day: Byron Buxton, CF, Twins (Low-A Cedar Rapids): 5-6, 2B, 2 3B, 3 R, RBI. The tools are absolutely ridiculous. I have spoken with a few scouts who have seen him, and everything comes back positive. Take a look at what Jason Parks wrote for more info on Buxton; .487/.556/.641 with 2 2B, 2 3B, and 6 stolen-bases in last 39 at-bats.

Poll the Industry: Sano vs. Buxton

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/artic ... leid=20812

A couple of nuggets from the article........

“I would take Buxton (as I told you last year). He's about as close to Mike Trout as there is out there right now, a true five-tool CF with so many weapons and ways he can beat you. I like Sano, and think he will have big power, but I wonder about the body and his future position. Both are top-25 prospects, but you could make a case that Buxton is the best prospect in all of baseball.”

“Sano could change the fortunes of a team, Buxton could change the fortunes of the league. I think he could be that special. Potential to be the best player in the game. Elite.”
Tigers

Post by Tigers »

Highlight real catch from Buxton today in what could be his last game in a Cedar Rapids uniform. Buxton's line on the day....

3-4, 2b, 3b, 1R, 3 RBI

Just a HR short of the cycle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PDaiBZz0WM
Nationals
Name: Ian Schnaufer

Post by Nationals »

As a Twins fan, I can't wait to see what this guy can do at a higher level
Tigers

Post by Tigers »

That is quite the pair the Twins have in Buxton and Sano. Going to be be interesting to see how Sano does at AA now.
Tigers

Post by Tigers »

....and Buxton leaps into the #1 prospect slot for the BP midseson top 50 update.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/artic ... leid=21024

#1 CF Byron Buxton (Twins)

Placement on Pre-Season 101: #8

Current MiLB Level/Affiliate: High-A Ft. Myers

Reason for Inclusion in Top 10: Buxton has the most exciting tool collection in the minors, which is why he ranks ahead of Taveras as the premier prospect in the game. The beauty of Buxton is the impact potential he has in all phases of the game, as the 19-year-old can go 1-for-5 at the plate but still patrol big swaths of real estate in center field and use his elite speed as a weapon on the bases. One scout source suggested his floor was Torii Hunter, which should be some indication just how high the ultimate ceiling could be. This is a special talent. You buy tickets to watch this kid play.

Prospect Trajectory: Holding steady; likely to remain top prospect in the game.

Return to “Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea”