2010 IBC Playoff Predictions

Home of your relocated 5-time World Series champions

Moderator: Cardinals

Cardinals
Name: John Paul Starkey

2010 IBC Playoff Predictions

Post by Cardinals »

Season starts Sunday...Nick made a thread a bit ago, but now we've got the final build of the database out and the rosters have been amazing stagnant through the Spring.

What say you? Who's making the playoffs and winning the WS? Throw in MVPs and Cy's too if you want.
12, 14, 15, 17, 22
Cardinals
Name: John Paul Starkey

Post by Cardinals »

Ok. Well this is how I see things shaking out:

AL East - Yankees. Weakest the AL East has ever been. JB might win 120.
AL Central- Tigers. Even without Nathan I can't pick against that lineup.
AL West- Athletics. Hamlin has more assets to move and that will be what it comes down to for the AL West. I could see any of the 4 teams winning it, but my gut is telling me to pick the A's.
AL Wild Card- White Sox. I can see Minnesota and Toronto also challenging for this spot, but as it stands now I'll take the White Sox, but I expect this could change easily with injuries and/or trades by other teams.

NL East- Phillies. Nick seems to have his heart set on winning this year and finally built a lineup to win with. Florida and Washington will be in this, but I feel like Nick will make the necessary moves to pull away and return to the playoffs.
NL Central- Pirates. Yup.
NL West- D'Backs. After getting Wagner, Jag's pen is solidified and I just don't like Nils' bats enough to win the division.
NL Wild Card- Reds. Ken just has too much sim magic for me to pick against. Had he not acquired Sandoval and Ordonez, I'd probably change this, but those moves set him apart for me. Florida, Washington, St. Louis and San Francisco will be in this race as well, but I see the Reds taking the cake as of now.

For the awards I'll go with:
AL MVP- Hanley
AL Cy Young- Felix
NL MVP- Longoria
NL Cy Young- Lincecum

Playoffs:
Yankees > White Sox
Tigers > A's
Yankees > Tigers

Pirates> D'Backs
Phillies > Reds
Pirates > Phillies