Mile High Club Times: Rocky Road? Maine can't explain.

John Anderson's blog

Moderator: Mets

Mets
Name: John Anderson

Mile High Club Times: Rocky Road? Maine can't explain.

Post by Mets »

If I told you that a pitcher would have a 1.64 era through 7 games, and batters were hitting .201 off of him, what would you guess his record would be?

Surely not 0-2, but after yeilding just one run in a loss to the Dodgers on 5-3-08, John Maine reamins the best winless pitcher in the league.

"The record itself is not as frustrating as the result", says Maine, "My job is to put the team in a position to win, and I've been fortunate so far to have been able to accomplish that".

How long can this last? The Rockies are 5th in team batting with a .289 average, and a .352 OPB....not bad at all. They are also in the top 10 in runs scored, extra base hits, SB's & runs created.

So why can't John Maine win? And why are the Rockies at the bottom of their division?

How about ranking 3rd double plays hit into & in the bottom ten in HR's.

"I think the problem is more complex than the #'s" says GM John Anderson. "Maine is out #1 guy, so most of the time he's going against other teams ace's. Johnny's out there battling his rear off, but so is the other teams guy. The fact that he's shown he is a big game pitcher really speaks volumes for his development".

When asked how concerned he was with the troubling trend, GM John Anderson said "Very concerned. John's been pitching at his absolute ceiling, and we can't win those games....He's not going to pitch like his all season, and we're not going to his like this all season...something is gonna break, it just depends on what breaks first".
2008-2023 Mets: 1,054-1,223...463%
2006-2008 Rockies: 242-244...498%

IBC Total: 1,296-1,467...469%
2022: lost WC
2023: lost WC
Giants
Name: Jake Hamlin

Post by Giants »

He should give 2007 Matt Cain a call.

Return to “All The Queen's Men”