Honoring IBC Cards Champs / Mancave

Aaron Dorman's blog

Moderator: WhiteSox

Cardinals
Name: John Paul Starkey

Honoring IBC Cards Champs / Mancave

Post by Cardinals »

Aaron, I'll let you do the honors of explaining, but here are the pics you requested I post for you.

12, 14, 15, 17, 22
Astros
Name: Ty Bradley

Post by Astros »

Looking back, 5 years ago I posted that a man cave idea that would be cool would be to get autographed baseballs of everyone that was on your IBC championship team if you'd ever won one. I quickly realized that would cost thousands of dollars. So between 2012 and this summer I'd gotten autographed baseballs of Mark DeRosa, Roy Oswalt and Carlos Guillen and I'd had a couple of cheap, random autographed cards of guys like Scott Downs and Ben Johnson. When I bought my house and knew I'd be decking out my office in all of my Cardinals memoribilia (one wall has framed newspapers of Game 6 & 7 in 2011, one has an autographed movie poster of the Stan Musial Saturday Evening Post Norman Rockwell cover from 1954, one has an autographed Matt Carpenter jersey flanked by 16x20 autographed photos of Ozzie and Edmonds NLCS homers) that I should actually follow through on this. So I started buying up autographed cards on ebay. I usually bought 5 or so a week and most of the guys on that team didn't have long careers so most cards were under $5 with shipping. I think Ryan Freel was the only one that cost me over $10 and that's just because he's dead. So that shelf is everyone that had one appearance for the 2007 St. Louis Cardinals, from mainstays like Scott Rolen and NL ROY Nick Markakis and 20 game winning Jeremy Sowers to guys like Wiki Gonzalez, Justin Hampson and Chris Bootcheck who all only appeared in a couple of games. All told I'd say it set me back, including the 3 autographed baseballs, maybe $300 over 5 years
Dodgers
Site Admin
Name: Shawn Walsh

Post by Dodgers »

Nice work Aaron! Pretty sure I have a Greg Miller autographed card at my parents house and I blame him for me not having won a title yet.
Orioles
Name: Dan Vacek

Post by Orioles »

Nice work AD. That's pretty cool. Haha Jeremy Sowers won 20 games. Totally forgot he existed.

2023 GM Totals: 1780 W - 1460 L | 0.549 wpct | 89-73 (avg 162 G record)
Rockies
Name: Nate Hunter

Post by Rockies »

Pretty goddammed cool..
Phillies
Name: Nick Perry

Post by Phillies »

Awesome. Is there really a place you can see every player that threw a pitch or had an at bat in a certain year? Or did you actually remember? I know clicking the banners shows you that years roster, but if you traded or dropped a guy I don't think they are on it.
Astros
Name: Ty Bradley

Post by Astros »

I have the databases from the old seasons on my old desktop at my mom's house so that's how I know all that. I know I have 2002 so I'll have to remember to email that to you next time I'm out there

Return to “You can put it on the board, YES!”