2013 trade review

Aaron Dorman's blog

Moderator: WhiteSox

Astros
Name: Ty Bradley

2013 trade review

Post by Astros »

At my mom's for the weekend before I move to Lexington with jack shit to do, so why not? Didn't make a trade until July of this year.

Cardinals trades Colby Lewis, Fernando Salas, Mitch 12-Brown, to RedSox for Lucas 12-Sims, Kevin 11-Pillar, Severino 11-Gonzalez, RedSox Draft Pick 3,

I was building towards hopefully being competitive in 2014 (didn't happen) and dealt one of my few pieces I had that would be attractive to a contender. I didn't deal away anything all that special. IN return I got a guy that flamed out as soon as he got to High A in Sims that was the key to the whole deal. Gonzalez was eventually cut and is a guy you stash in AAA for an emergency start. Pillar has turned out to be a great defensive CF on a contender. The pick turned into Dustin Peterson, who had a good year this year until the Carolina bus crash and has been awful ever since. Salas was eventually cut by Pat and scooped back up by me.

Cardinals trades C.J. 11-Cron, to Indians for Daniel Nava, Astros Draft Pick 3,

I didn't have faith in Cron to be anything more than a low OBP guy with power that would DH by this point. That turned out correctly, Nava was having a career year. The pick was eventually dealt later, as was Nava.

Pirates trades Jake Westbrook, to Cardinals for Casper Wells,

Wells sucked but had pop and could help JP down the stretch off the bench. Westbrook sucked but could eat innings for me and be cut at the end of the year. Just helping out a friend.

Cardinals trades LJ Hoes to Dodgers for Nick Delmonico and Dodgers 2

I was high on Hoes, thought he might turn into a decent regular but Shawn offered me a good deal. Ended up trading the pick and Delmonico turned out to be nothing. Hoes is a potential 4th outfielder.

Mets trades A.J. Burnett, to Cardinals for Jake Westbrook, Robbie Erlin, Ji-Man 9-Choi, Dodgers Draft Pick 2,

Another trade for 2014. Nobody I dealt turned out to be that great. Burnett was good for me until I dealt him.

Yankees trades Yankees Draft Pick 3, to Cardinals for Mitchell Boggs,

I dunno anyone that fell off the face of the earth faster than Mitchell Boggs, but he had a cool beard and I still rock his shirsey now and then.

Cardinals trade Danny Espinosa to Athletics for Dale Thayer

Espinosa had never developed into the every day SS I thought he'd become and was a utility guy by this point. He still is but the bat has came around. Thayer has been a good setup man for me ever since (AND IS CURRENTLY ON THE BLOCK GUYS)

Cardinals trades Daniel Nava, to Mets for Chris Johnson,

A trade of 2 shitty players having career years that have came nowhere near that level of production ever since

Cardinals trades Joe Wieland, Cardinals Draft Pick 2, to Indians for Scott van Slyke, WhiteSox Draft Pick 2,

The draft pick I got turned into Corey Knebel, who is having a nice rookie year for the Brewers and may be a future closer. Van Slyke would start on a lot of teams that aren't LA and is my right fielder. Pretty nice deal for me

Cardinals trades Tyler Pastornicky, to WhiteSox for Carlos Quentin,

Just adding to my bench for 2014. Pastornicky will be an up and down AAA guy for the next few years but that's all he is. Quentin was dealt the next year when I didn't contend to the surprise of nobody

Cardinals trades Fernando Salas, Juan Nicasio, Cardinals Draft Pick 1, to Tigers for Ryan Dempster, Lance Lynn, Mariners Draft Pick 4,

Dempster retired before throwing a pitch for me. Lynn has became my ace and blossomed into a front line SP. The draft pick turned into Daniel Palka, who is my best hitting prospect

Cardinals trades Justin 10-Nicolino, Bubba 11-Starling, Cardinals Draft Pick 5, to Pirates for Matt Holliday,

More trades for 2014. Holliday would be dealt to KC in 2014. Nicolino, IMO, don't miss enough bats to ever be good in MLB. Bubba may actually be putting it all together finally, which would really piss me off

Return to “You can put it on the board, YES!”