Man cave idea

Aaron Dorman's blog

Moderator: WhiteSox

Astros
Name: Ty Bradley

Man cave idea

Post by Astros »

Went to Busch on Sunday and did a grab bag in their authentics store for an autographed baseball. Lucky me, I won Ryan Theriot. But my bad luck gave me an idea and I figured I'd throw it out here.

I'm going to try and get an autographed baseball of every member of my 2007 IBC champs World Series roster at some point to compliment the soon to be framed newspapers of Game 6 and 7 this year
Phillies
Name: Nick Perry

Post by Phillies »

This is a cool idea Aaron. Is there anyway to even get my roster from 2001? I know my rotation had Matt Morris, Appier, Smoltz, Chad Durbin and Duckworth. Lineup had Luis Gonzalez, Bret Boone, Olerud, Mike Lowell... That's about all I can remember unfortunately. I think I had Mike Cameron in CF? Probably made that up.
Cardinals
Name: John Paul Starkey

Post by Cardinals »

I can get you your championship roster. Just remind me tomorrow.
12, 14, 15, 17, 22
Astros

Post by Astros »

After doing some ebay searching last night, I've made the executive decision to go for autographed cards of the crappy guys like Brian Horwitz, Matt Kata and Brad Thompson, cause I'm not paying $30 for baseballs of them lol
Astros

Post by Astros »

So I actually started doing this in earnest over the past month, though I'd gotten a couple balls and a couple cards over the years. My 2007 team was filled with a lot of guys that only had cups of coffee or big league careers to where they didn't even reach arbitration. Getting autographed baseballs of guys that won awards that year : Markakis (ROY), Guillen (MVP), Oswalt (Cy Young) and cards for everyone else, except for like, Yadi who is going to cost me $100 or more for anything autographed when I decide to fork over that kind of money. Right now I've got autographed balls from Oswalt, Guillen and DeRosa, an autographed 8x10 of John Rodriguez and autographed cards from 20 guys that appeared for me. Most of the cards cost me anywhere from $2-$5. I have 19 guys left to get until I have everyone that had at least one appearance for me that year and got a ring
Mets
Name: John Anderson

Post by Mets »

Good thing you didn't have SIM stars like Joe Dillon on your team.
2008-2023 Mets: 1,054-1,223...463%
2006-2008 Rockies: 242-244...498%

IBC Total: 1,296-1,467...469%
2022: lost WC
2023: lost WC

Return to “You can put it on the board, YES!”