You know you've been in the IBC too long when

Aaron Dorman's blog

Moderator: WhiteSox

Astros
Name: Ty Bradley

You know you've been in the IBC too long when

Post by Astros »

board lingo becomes every day speech.

I was teaching AP government today and trying to explain the national conventions now compared to back when they actually mattered prior to the 1980s when you didn't know who was going to be the candidate.

The only thing I could think so say is, today you use it to pimp your candidate to sell others on him. Gotta figure out how to work pussballer into an econ lesson now
Guardians
Name: Pat Gillespie

Re: You know you've been in the IBC too long when

Post by Guardians »

Cardinals wrote:board lingo becomes every day speech.

I was teaching AP government today and trying to explain the national conventions now compared to back when they actually mattered prior to the 1980s when you didn't know who was going to be the candidate.

The only thing I could think so say is, today you use it to pimp your candidate to sell others on him. Gotta figure out how to work pussballer into an econ lesson now
Our poor students...
Athletics
Name: Stephen d'Esterhazy

Post by Athletics »

I am sure they are learning more from Aaron's analogies to baseball and wrestling then they would from some of the retarded teachers out there that are nothing more than a paper weight in front of their classes.
"My shit doesn't work in the playoffs. My job is to get us to the playoffs. What happens after that is fucking luck."

LAA 11 - 15 331W - 479L
LAA 16 - 20 477W - 333L 17-20 ALW
OAK 21 - 22 214W - 110L 21-22 ALW
Astros
Name: Ty Bradley

Post by Astros »

Hey I'm not just popping in a movie and calling it a day like a lot of the others. I'm fucking awesome
Orioles
Name: Dan Vacek

Post by Orioles »

Seriously, that is awesome. No doubt they'll be discussing national conventions in some college poly sci course and the pimping example will be something they remember. Nice.

2023 GM Totals: 1780 W - 1460 L | 0.549 wpct | 89-73 (avg 162 G record)

Return to “You can put it on the board, YES!”