Goodbye Gus

Aaron Dorman's blog

Moderator: WhiteSox

Astros
Name: Ty Bradley

Goodbye Gus

Post by Astros »

Just read on deadspin that Gus Johnson and CBS have parted ways. What the fuck CBS? Gus Johnson is the one broadcaster today that makes people watch games just because he's calling them. Gus is March Madness. I was thrilled when I found out he was calling Butler's regional, and Gus' work with Reggie Miller had me excited for future tourneys with my favorite announcer and basketball player of all time calling games together. Plus the guy is a solid football guy too, of course CBS always stuck him and Tasker with Jags/Titans and other shitty games every Sunday.

This makes no sense. I no nobody that dislikes Gus. Gus is the voice of the younger generation. CBS was the one sports network that had yet to piss me off in some way. That has changed now
DBacks
Name: Dave Mueller

Post by DBacks »

I hope ESPN or TNT grabs him. It's time for Gus to get called up to the show. NBA games are waiting. (Where he can be reunited with Reggie Miller. Which was awesome.)
Dodgers
Site Admin
Name: Shawn Walsh

Post by Dodgers »

Gus signing with ESPN would be great, lots of college football and basketball. His Big 10 network deal might limit the possibility of that though.
Astros

Post by Astros »

TNT would be good cause he could still call the tourney. Fox owns Big Ten Network so that could cause problems. But, with Fox he could call NFL games
Giants
Name: Jake Hamlin

Post by Giants »

I'm hoping Fox and he replaces Joe Buck on everything.
Your REIGNING AND DEFENDING #evenyear IBC CHAMPION

2015- #torture #evenyears 179-145
2006-2014 Gritty Gutty A's 828-631
2005 Texas Rangers 65-97
Total: 1072-873 .551
Astros

Post by Astros »

And this was my fear. Gus is stuck calling a shitty Big 12 or Pac 10 game on Saturday nights on FX that nobody watches. So far there has been one game that Gus has called that, if I were home I'd have considered watching in Texas/Mizzou. Fox's NFL teams are bad, but Gus gets the "marquee" college spot. You know, the game nobody's going to watch over the ABC night game, occasional CBS night game or SEC night game on ESPN

Return to “You can put it on the board, YES!”