Cards Top 10

Aaron Dorman's blog

Moderator: WhiteSox

Astros
Name: Ty Bradley

Cards Top 10

Post by Astros »

I am against pimping, particularly after the Stud Stable debacle, but since everyone else is doing it, so will I.

1. Brett Anderson
2. Brett Cecil
3. Freddie Freeman
4. Gorkys Hernandez
5. Lonnie Chisenhall
6. Jonathon LuCroy
7. Michael Brantley
8. Randall Delgado
9. Alexander Cobb
10. Jerome Hoes

Next five: Jordan Lyles, Deryk Hooker, Kyle Russell, Brock Huntzinger, Matt Antonelli

Anderson could be next in the history of Cardinals first round pitchers that turn into studs, following Cole Hamels and Matt Garza. Being the son of Oklahoma State's coach, he's been polished since HS. Special thanks to Rich for recommending him to me after Joba went a pick before him.

Cecil currently projects as a #3, but he was a closer in college and could return to that role. At worst many figure he's a shutdown 8th inning lefty, and he was already in AAA after being drafted last year.

Freeman put up great numbers as an 18 year old in the South Atlantic League. He'll be 19 in Myrtle Beach this year and he's been described by some as Mark Grace with power.

Gorkys is a prototypical leadoff CF, has a great arm and just needs to work on his on base skills some. Still young, struggled with injuries this year, will be in AA as a 22 year old this year.

Chisenhall may move to 3rd, I'm crossing my fingers he sticks at short, though if he winds up at 3rd that'll allow me to slide Headley to left. Could be in the majors by 2011

LuCroy is an offensive minded catcher that hit for power and got on base last year. Will probably start this year in AA. I was aiming for him to be Mike Redmond's eventual replacement but who knows, if he hits like that, Yadi may be shopping in a couple years.

Brantley is one of my favorites as he was a late round find for me. He doesn't play great D in CF and he doesn't have power, but they guy gets on base a ton. I'm in hopes he gets a real chance to start one day cause I think he can be one of the better leadoff hitters in baseball as long as you don't mind not getting much pop outta that spot.

Everyone else is far off or has had their stock dropped a bunch. I'm hoping Kyle Russell can turn into a middle of the order bat somehow, he has the power, he's older and should move fast, but I got a Russ Branyan feeling about him
Cardinals
Name: John Paul Starkey

Re: Cards Top 10

Post by Cardinals »

Cardinals wrote: 10. Jerome Hoes

Next five: Jordan Lyles, Deryk Hooker, Kyle Russell, Brock Huntzinger, Matt Antonelli
how the mighty have fallen.
12, 14, 15, 17, 22
Padres
Site Admin
Name: Jim Berger

Post by Padres »

Cardinals wrote: 7. Michael Brantley

Brantley is one of my favorites as he was a late round find for me. He doesn't play great D in CF and he doesn't have power, but they guy gets on base a ton. I'm in hopes he gets a real chance to start one day cause I think he can be one of the better leadoff hitters in baseball as long as you don't mind not getting much pop outta that spot.
Well that helps explain why I was never able to pry Brantley loose from ya' ...
Astros
Name: Ty Bradley

Post by Astros »

Pirates wrote:
Cardinals wrote: 10. Jerome Hoes

how the mighty have fallen.
Well when ya hit .200 all year, you're gonna lose your luster lol

Return to “You can put it on the board, YES!”