2014 Milb "base lines"

Jim Berger's blog - a White Sox fan living in Red Sox nation

Moderator: Padres

Padres
Site Admin
Name: Jim Berger

2014 Milb "base lines"

Post by Padres »

In this thread I will be providing "base lines" on the respective minor leagues as their respective full seasons finish up. I am getting these statistical glances from Larry, an editor at Southside Sox whose main beat is to cover the minors. Hope you find them helpful when you are looking at some prospects 2014 performance relative to their peers.

Edit: Of course these base line reviews will only for leagues the White Sox have a minor league team in unless I find another source ...
Last edited by Padres on Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Padres
Site Admin

Dominican Summer League

Post by Padres »

The DSL (Dominican Summer League) is a short-season league and is the lowest level of competition in affiliated baseball. The average hitter's triple slash line is .245/.339/.331. Almost no home runs are hit. The average pitcher walks 10.3% of the batters he faces while striking out just 19.0%. Other signs of lack of skill, such as HBPs (0.9/g) and WPs (1.54/g), are plentiful and young starters rarely throw more than a handful of innings. The average player is just 18.6 years old.
Padres
Site Admin

Arizona League

Post by Padres »

In the Arizona League the average hitter's line was .248/.328/.338. The average pitcher struck out a rather extraordinary 23.2% of hitters and walked 9.3%. There were 1.28 wild pitches and 0.62 hit batters per game. Home runs are comparatively scarce in the AZL. The average player was just about 20 years old.

Return to “Musings from Maine”