Why Gordie Howe is the NHL GOAT

Dan Vacek's blog

Moderator: Orioles

Orioles
Name: Dan Vacek

Why Gordie Howe is the NHL GOAT

Post by Orioles »

801 goals, and he did this to the face of NY Rangers enforcer Lou Fontinato for pissing him off. Gretzky had a bodyguard. Gordie Howe ran faces over. Two-way player. We downgrade James Harden for sucking at defense, but Gretzky never hears it.

(Go Whale)
Yankees
Name: Brett Zalaski

Post by Yankees »

1) I didn't know anyone still watched hockey.
2) Isn't a Gordie Howe hat trick a goal, an assist, and a fight?
Orioles
Name: Dan Vacek

Post by Orioles »

Nationals wrote:1) I didn't know anyone still watched hockey.
1. I don't. Still too angry about my team moving away 20 years ago. Sad, but true.

2. Yes.
Phillies
Name: Nick Perry

Post by Phillies »

I LOVE hockey. So suck it, Z.
Guardians
Name: Pat Gillespie

Post by Guardians »

BlueJays wrote:
1. I don't. Still too angry about my team moving away 20 years ago. Sad, but true.

2. Yes.
Long Live the Whale!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDKSpEfPOTo
Athletics
Name: Stephen d'Esterhazy

Post by Athletics »

Phillies wrote:
I LOVE hockey. So suck it, Z.
Exactly, I bleed Teal during hockey season and try to never miss a game...if I still lived in San Jose I would likely have season tickets.
"My shit doesn't work in the playoffs. My job is to get us to the playoffs. What happens after that is fucking luck."

LAA 11 - 15 331W - 479L
LAA 16 - 20 477W - 333L 17-20 ALW
OAK 21 - 22 214W - 110L 21-22 ALW
BlueJays
Name: David Taylor

Post by BlueJays »

Love hockey, and probably more people than ever are watching it. I probably watch more hockey than baseball anymore...
"Hating the Yankees is as American as pizza pie, unwed mothers, and cheating on your income tax."
Phillies

Post by Phillies »

Orioles wrote:Love hockey, and probably more people than ever are watching it. I probably watch more hockey than baseball anymore...
Yea I can say the same. Flyers play 3-4 times a week and I hardly ever miss a game. With the Phillies I check in and out, switch to MLB Network, other things. That's really only because the Phillies flat out stink. Call me fair weather, but it's boring when you don't even have an exciting player to watch. Obviously that will change next year with Crawford and others (Steven I still need Crawford please).
Phillies

Post by Phillies »

And I apologize for spelling your name wrong, it was Sanders fault lol.
Rockies
Name: Nate Hunter

Post by Rockies »

Hockey is fantastic. "People still watch hockey?"... says the Soccer fan.. :P I kid.. I kid..
Athletics

Post by Athletics »

Phillies wrote:
Orioles wrote:Love hockey, and probably more people than ever are watching it. I probably watch more hockey than baseball anymore...
Yea I can say the same. Flyers play 3-4 times a week and I hardly ever miss a game. With the Phillies I check in and out, switch to MLB Network, other things. That's really only because the Phillies flat out stink. Call me fair weather, but it's boring when you don't even have an exciting player to watch. Obviously that will change next year with Crawford and others (Steven I still need Crawford please).
It happens...and Crawford isn't the problem, it is the other guy also want in the potential package.
"My shit doesn't work in the playoffs. My job is to get us to the playoffs. What happens after that is fucking luck."

LAA 11 - 15 331W - 479L
Guardians

Post by Guardians »

I'm like Dan. I was a hardcore Whalers fan, but when the owner moved the team it crushed me and I never recovered. Haven't watched a game since 1997. Half the team lived in my town, so it was particularly tough. It is a fun sport, but also tough to root for a bunch of Swedes and Russians. You could say the same about Dominicans and Cubans, but nothing touches baseball to me.
Athletics

Post by Athletics »

Tigers wrote:I'm like Dan. I was a hardcore Whalers fan, but when the owner moved the team it crushed me and I never recovered. Haven't watched a game since 1997. Half the team lived in my town, so it was particularly tough. It is a fun sport, but also tough to root for a bunch of Swedes and Russians. You could say the same about Dominicans and Cubans, but nothing touches baseball to me.
http://www.quanthockey.com/TS/TS_Player ... lities.php

Umm...still mostly Canadian and US players in the NHL.

LAA 11 - 15 331W - 479L
Phillies

Post by Phillies »

Tigers wrote:I'm like Dan. I was a hardcore Whalers fan, but when the owner moved the team it crushed me and I never recovered. Haven't watched a game since 1997. Half the team lived in my town, so it was particularly tough. It is a fun sport, but also tough to root for a bunch of Swedes and Russians. You could say the same about Dominicans and Cubans, but nothing touches baseball to me.
Jeez racist.
Astros
Name: Ty Bradley

Post by Astros »

I love the Blues but I only get Blue Jackets and Preds games here, so I keep up with them via the Post-Dispatch and then watch every playoff game. I had FS Midwest on Playstation Vue when I got it in September and for some reason they took it off the package in October so there went my chance to watch every game this year
Guardians

Post by Guardians »

Phillies wrote:
Jeez racist.
What? You like Russians? Commie!

Return to “Orioles”