Guardians
Name: Pat Gillespie

Post by Guardians »

Cardinals wrote:Had Iowa State in every final 4 and some title games
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A
Giants
Name: Jake Hamlin

Post by Giants »

Recalibrated the picks due to a math error in identifying advantages (forgot to account for the -110 instead of 50/50) and ending up hitting 7 out of 8 today including UAB and Georgia State (happy to share if anyone cares, Georgia is the only pick in the early session for Friday). And no, that did not make up for that bullshit that happened to SMU. Not by a long shot. Tough day for basketball in the great state of Texas!
Your REIGNING AND DEFENDING #evenyear IBC CHAMPION

2015- #torture #evenyears 179-145
2006-2014 Gritty Gutty A's 828-631
2005 Texas Rangers 65-97
Total: 1072-873 .551
Guardians
Name: Pat Gillespie

Post by Guardians »

Giants wrote:Recalibrated the picks due to a math error in identifying advantages (forgot to account for the -110 instead of 50/50) and ending up hitting 7 out of 8 today including UAB and Georgia State (happy to share if anyone cares, Georgia is the only pick in the early session for Friday). And no, that did not make up for that bullshit that happened to SMU. Not by a long shot. Tough day for basketball in the great state of Texas!
That was a pretty bogus call. When the shot was heaved up, it looked like it was going way wide (which is probably why he tried to get it), but on replays it looked close whether it hit the rim or not. But they got two good looks. Just needed a tiny bit more on one of those shots and SMU wins. Plus, they had leads.
Giants
Name: Jake Hamlin

Post by Giants »

Yeah, Cunningham throwing the ball away at the end was brutal. If he just gets fouled and makes a free throw everything is fine. It's OK though, everyone who isn't a Kentucky fan will eventually have this same feeling. Go Georgia!
Your REIGNING AND DEFENDING #evenyear IBC CHAMPION

2015- #torture #evenyears 179-145
2006-2014 Gritty Gutty A's 828-631
2005 Texas Rangers 65-97
Total: 1072-873 .551
Orioles
Name: Dan Vacek

Post by Orioles »

For the first time in my life I'm backing the Dookies tonight. While I don't love that I have to share a common cause with those fuckin weenies from Durham, that's as far as it goes. They will be sober and painted blue. I will not be either of those things. What I will be, hopefully, is $1700 richer.

Feeling pretty good that K will have a good plan, but Wisconsin was so impressive beating both Kentucky and Arizona that I'm pretty nervous. I think having the Tyus Jones that torched UNC for 46 in 2 meetings this year would make the Blue Devils almost impossible to beat, given that they also have the best two pro prospects in Okafor and Winslow. It's a little disconcerting that Duke probably needs 2 bigtime performances from their 3 freshman stars to win, but these dudes aren't ordinary freshmen. Winslow gets better every game.

For all the moaning across the country about the plodding, unwatchable college game, the most exciting event in sports has offered up a hell of a matchup for its final game. Really looking forward to this one.

2023 GM Totals: 1780 W - 1460 L | 0.549 wpct | 89-73 (avg 162 G record)
Astros
Name: Ty Bradley

Post by Astros »

Well so far, Duke is getting away with their typical assault and battery on the defensive end
Rockies
Name: Nate Hunter

Post by Rockies »

What a sham.
Athletics
Name: Stephen d'Esterhazy

Post by Athletics »

Seriously, never seen so many bad calls, not like UW didn't have a chance to put Duke away, but a few of those in the last 2-3 minutes were just utter bullshit.
"My shit doesn't work in the playoffs. My job is to get us to the playoffs. What happens after that is fucking luck."

LAA 11 - 15 331W - 479L
LAA 16 - 20 477W - 333L 17-20 ALW
OAK 21 - 22 214W - 110L 21-22 ALW
Astros
Name: Ty Bradley

Post by Astros »

Once Wisconsin went up 9 the refs took over the game. Duke was in the double bonus and they had what, 3 fouls called on them? Add in the obviously blown call on the tipped ball out of bounds with under 2 minutes to go, all the flops, ugh
Pirates
Name: Jake Levine

Post by Pirates »

Bottom line, Wisconsin needs the game to be played at a slower pace in order to win, which they did against kentucky. Duke kept the pace moving, and Coack K clearly outplayed Bo. He sat both Winslow and okafor for the final 6 mins of the first half and Wisconsin failed to capitalize. Dekker looked completely lost, after looking like a star the last 3 games. In terms of the fouls, maybe a little more whistle than usual, but at the end of the day, Wisconsin had their chances. The OB Call at the end was not blown, they zoomed in that replay which the refs can't do and you still couldn't tell, inconclusive always goes with the call on the court.

Congrats DV - $1700 richer
Orioles

Post by Orioles »

Thanks dude. Still waiting to hear about the payout, but it'll be nice to have rent and car payments covered next month.

That was a fun Final Four and a terrific championship game to watch. Wisconsin couldn't get a bucket down the stretch when they needed one, and Duke had them outmatched in talent and coaching. Justise Winslow is going to be a very good NBA player, but Tyus Jones was unquestionably the standout.

Not only did Coach K get his fifth title, but he showed he can out-Calipari Calipari by doing it with one-and-done freshman as his 3 best players. Pretty amazing how he's done it both the old way (with 4-year guys) and the new way (expertly mixing one-and-dones with experienced guys).

Okay, that's officially the last time in my life I say something nice about Duke (thanks for the $1700, dukechebags!).

In other news, D'Vauntes Smith-Rivera wisely changed his mind about the NBA draft and will return for his senior season as one of the Big East's best players. Watch out for the Hoyas. 4 freshmen were major contributors this year, and Isaac Copeland could turn into a star in the mold of Jeff Green and Otto Porter. They've also got a top-100 center coming in who many believe can step in and anchor the paint right away.

Dodgers
Site Admin
Name: Shawn Walsh

Post by Dodgers »

So another early exit for the Hoyas next year then?
Nationals
Name: Ian Schnaufer

Post by Nationals »

Dodgers wrote:So another early exit for the Hoyas next year then?
Shawn, you've voiced my exact response.
Orioles

Post by Orioles »

An overseeded 4 losing to a 5 in the second round isn't exactly a big upset, but haters gotta hate I guess.

Don't bet on an early exit next year. JT3 is too good of a coach and Georgetown too good of a program not to make some tournament noise again soon.

Watch out for the Johnnies! Mullin swipes one of Coach Cal's best recruiters from Kentucky, and St. John's now looks like a contender for top C recruit Cheick Diallo.

Return to “Orioles”