Kill me.

Dan Vacek's blog

Moderator: Orioles

Orioles
Name: Dan Vacek

Kill me.

Post by Orioles »

Please. Show some mercy and end my horrible existence as a Raider fan. As good as Khalil Mack has been, I have completely lost all hope. The first regime of the post-Al Davis era has been worse than Davis's last days were, which is hard to do. After he gets fired this offseason (which he should), Reggie McKenzie's lasting legacy in Oakland will be this year's draft class which just might be the type of class you can build around. LB Mack, QB David Carr, G Gabe Jackson, DT Justin "Jelly" Ellis and CB T.J. Carrie have all showed promise in starting roles. As have young players C Stefen Wisniewski, RT Menelik Watson, WR Andre Holmes, TE Mychal Rivera and LB Sio Moore.

Still, that stable of young talent hasn't been enough to come close to competing this year. With the NFL's toughest schedule (how does that even happen? wtf?) the Raiders final 6 contests are: vs KC, @StL, vs SF, @KC, vs Buf, @ Den. Looks like their best chances at locking down 1 more win than the 2008 Detroit Lions will be @StL, vs Buf and @ Den if the Broncos have nothing to play for and bench their starters. Sad but true.

The Raiders badly need a head coach/GM with some legitimate chops if they want to turn around a decade+ of one of the league's flagship franchises being a joke to the point where they're actually considering moving to San Antonio, TX. Ugh.

Gruden, Holmgren, Jim Harbaugh. Mark Davis needs to open up the vault and pay one of these guys whatever it takes to re-make his crippled franchise. That's the only answer I see. There was a time that his Dad had a knack for spotting the next great young coach (Madden, Flores, Shanahan, Gruden, etc.), but he's not his Dad and needs to pull together the most expert football minds he can, and get them to at least make the Silver and Black respectable again. I can't take much more of this. Really. It ruins my whole winter. Thank god college basketball is back.

2023 GM Totals: 1780 W - 1460 L | 0.549 wpct | 89-73 (avg 162 G record)
Giants
Name: Jake Hamlin

Post by Giants »

Actual video of Mark Davis after today's game

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="/ ... ></iframe>
Your REIGNING AND DEFENDING #evenyear IBC CHAMPION

2015- #torture #evenyears 179-145
2006-2014 Gritty Gutty A's 828-631
2005 Texas Rangers 65-97
Total: 1072-873 .551

Return to “Orioles”