Moderator: Dodgers

Dodgers
Site Admin
Name: Shawn Walsh

Austin Jackson

Post by Dodgers »

Kind words for Austin Jackson by Chris Kline today:

Q: Drew from Hempstead, NY asks:
Where does Austin Jackson fit in the Yankees plans? How far from the bigs is he? Do the Yankees see enough in him to stick with Melky in center for a couple years, then sport an outfield of Cabrera in left, Jackson in center, and Tabata in right? Or is Jackson far enough from being big league ready that NY may package Cabrera for a pitcher (Johan) and sign a center fielder to 4-5 years?

A: Chris Kline: I guess I became known for harshing on Tabata in the Yankees' world because I followed that wrist injury for over a year before we broke that, but I'm still not sold on him. And it's not concern with the hamate as much as it is the body and the overall desire to reach his ceiling. That said, with Jackson, I don't think he's too far away. Everyone I've talked to at three different levels loves his athleticism, speed and he's got that little swagger about him that tells you he's going to have success. For me, he's their everyday center fielder in 2009 at the latest.

Q: Ernie from New York, NY asks:
Chris, thanks for taking all of these questions. When do you think Austin Jackson will be patrolling CF for the Yanks? To whom do you think he best compares? Thanks, Chris.

A: Chris Kline: Big Ern, the natural comparison I got from his time in HWB was Mike Cameron.
Dodgers
Site Admin
Name: Shawn Walsh

Post by Dodgers »

A great signing off the scrap heap of JB...a rare mistake if I might suggest that it was one.

Return to “Dodger Dreams”