OOPSS Requests

Shawn Walsh's blog

Moderator: Dodgers

Dodgers
Site Admin
Name: Shawn Walsh

OOPSS Requests

Post by Dodgers »

Okay, now that I'm back from vacataion and settled in, with a new laptop to boot, I'm expecting to have an increased amount of free time coming up. Naturally, this means expect more features being released. That being said, I have some things I want to work on, but I'm taking requests for features you'd like to see. Please point out anything that's missing, for example postseason stats on the player pages, etc. Big or small, send it in for consideration.
Mets
Name: John Anderson

Post by Mets »

Here's one that sounds crazy, but actually might not be too hard.

How about each franchises opening day rosters since day 1 in the league.

Might have to just load the opening day box scores from each year....and you can see the rosters somewhat there...it would be crazy to see teams with Shawn Green batting clean up, and Derek Lowe closing.
2008-2023 Mets: 1,054-1,223...463%
2006-2008 Rockies: 242-244...498%

IBC Total: 1,296-1,467...469%
2022: lost WC
2023: lost WC
Astros
Name: Ty Bradley

Post by Astros »

I brung this up with JP shortly after the series, but how about when you click on the banner of the WS winner at the top, you get their complete batting and hitting stats from that year, including players that weren't on the team at the end of the year. Just be interesting to see who all played for the champs
Dodgers
Site Admin

Post by Dodgers »

2 interesting suggestions.

With team/player movement John your suggestion might be a bit hard, but definitely something possible.
Aaron, that can come once I get the encyclopedia finalized, I've dragged my feet a bit on it, but I'm hoping to have it out before the beginning of the season (much credit must be given to Jim for his hard work).

Also, if you've previously posted ideas, posting them again here wouldn't be the worst idea.
Royals
Name: Larry Bestwick

Post by Royals »

Rockies wrote:Here's one that sounds crazy, but actually might not be too hard.

How about each franchises opening day rosters since day 1 in the league.

Might have to just load the opening day box scores from each year....and you can see the rosters somewhat there...it would be crazy to see teams with Shawn Green batting clean up, and Derek Lowe closing.
I've still got mine...
Lowe wasn't closing that year, he threw his no-hitter that April.
Dodgers
Site Admin

Post by Dodgers »

Self reminders
2007 MLB/IBC season stats for players
Rotational affiliate ads
Dodgers
Site Admin

Post by Dodgers »

2007 MLB/IBC stats have been put up. I may have accidentally uploaded some MLB stats as IBC combined stats, so if you see anything funky let me know. When I overhaul the player profiles I'll probably reparse all the stats.
Dodgers
Site Admin

Post by Dodgers »

Our rotational ads have been integrated onto the front page, I'm only displaying one and I think it's far enough out of the way that it shouldn't bother most. Just trying to provide a reminder to buy through us when you're going to buy anyways :).
Mets

Post by Mets »

Shawn....

One great feature would be a Power Rankings Tab.....we could then assign a PR-Team to go in and update it every other week or so...

I would envision it to be customizable like the Depth Charts...Drag and Drop Team Logo's....and a member from the PR team would edit the text beside each team.

It should be pretty easy to assign a user group for Power Rankings...I would volunteer to be on it to get it started...if we have 3-4 guys doing it, it should be no problem getting updated bi-weekly with a rotation of members doing it each time.

Dodgers
Site Admin

Post by Dodgers »

I've thought about something like this in the past, either done this way or by league members voting. It's definitely doable, I have a few more ideas which would help you in creating them (current records, quick stats lookup).
Mets

Post by Mets »

I currently use an excel format to create them in my other leagues...but I think it would be kept more current if we had an OOPPS option.

I have no problems writing a sentence of two.

Power Rankings are supposed to be informed-opinion based anyway. I like the discussion that a potential bias could produce.

Dodgers
Site Admin

Post by Dodgers »

Yea, I'm thinking that I'd come up with a way for them to be published into a Power Rankings blog post (either by a PR username or by the person who created them). That would allow discussion afterwards and keep a record for posterity's sake (rather than having to right a way to browse through them myself).
Mets

Post by Mets »

We're probably going to shoot for a Power Rankings "Task Force" of about 4 people.

Let me know if you're interested. The goal is to have it updated at least bi-weekly, with either one person doing it all every 4th time, or all people in the group being able to contribute every other week.

My thought would be to prepare these every other Sunday & Monday, and have it published by every other Tuesday. I would think that 4 people over two days should be able to get this accomplished.

Royals
Name: Larry Bestwick

Post by Royals »

Good luck
DBacks
Name: Dave Mueller

Post by DBacks »

Rotoworld has been advertising their widget that lets you put their player news up on your own website. Since I know Rotoworld over the years has become the league's default site for quick news and stats, it might be a cool thing to consider adding.

Just letting you know its there in case its something we wanna add to the home page.
Dodgers
Site Admin

Post by Dodgers »

Looked into it, it's not something I can integrate real well. More designed for facebook and the likes. Good idea though, keep em coming.
BlueJays
Name: David Taylor

Post by BlueJays »

Is the "widget" technology just the problem?
"Hating the Yankees is as American as pizza pie, unwed mothers, and cheating on your income tax."
Dodgers
Site Admin

Post by Dodgers »

Not necessarily, just that Rotoworld news doesn't really blend in well. I did just find on ESPN that you can do player specific widgets. That might be something pretty cool as you could see your players' current stats on a single page. Something I'll look into.
Mets

Post by Mets »

How about a "Rumor Mill" ala ESPN's Rumor Central.

It could mimic the Hot Sheet to some degree.

RedSox
Name: Patrick Tullar

Post by RedSox »

I think it would be neat to be able to click the pennants at the top of the page and have them display the respective rosters of the winning teams.
Dodgers
Site Admin

Post by Dodgers »

Yeah, that's been a goal really long in the making, but heavily involved in getting lots of statistics up. The goal was to create an IBC Encyclopedia and then be able to go to those teams through that...however it's basically hit a standstill while I've worked on other things. If anyone wants to take over the project, Jim did a lot of work towards it and I can help you get going on what you need to do to finish.

Return to “Dodger Dreams”