NFL playoffs

The place to come to talk about all things IBC related. Or not IBC related. Just keep it reasonably respectful.
Royals
Name: Larry Bestwick

NFL playoffs

Post by Royals »

Nobody talking about the playoffs? Really?
Astros
Name: Ty Bradley

Post by Astros »

I'm still trying to figure out how the Steelers didn't get flagged for Joey Porter being on the field instigating the Bengals last night after the hit on Antonio Brown. And nobody give me the "he was checking on his hurt player" bullshit, because when was the last time you saw a linebackers coach checking on a hurt WR. He was out there to instigate, plain and simple and its the Steelers so they're going to get the benefit of the doubt
Mets
Name: John Anderson

Post by Mets »

2/2 in my picks so far. Just need the Seahawks and Redskins and I'll be off to a perfect start at the work bracket pool.

Steelers are certainly toast next week. They're just not healthy enough and their offense is going to be in trouble against Denver.

I predicted a Cards over Chiefs super bowl - only because A) no one will really care about those teams outside of their regions B) red on red crimes
2008-2023 Mets: 1,054-1,223...463%
2006-2008 Rockies: 242-244...498%

IBC Total: 1,296-1,467...469%
2022: lost WC
2023: lost WC
Nationals
Name: Ian Schnaufer

Post by Nationals »

And the Vikings Vikinged. How shocking.
Twins
Name: Andrew Howard, Owner emeritus. Jason Gudim, GM

Post by Twins »

Twins wrote:And the Vikings Vikinged. How shocking.
I've been a Vikings fan long enough that I left the room before Walsh missed the FG, expecting it to happen. This probably isn't even in the top five losses of my lifetime.
2010 KC 83-79
2011 KC 94-68
2012 KC 83-79
2013 KC 90-72; AL Central Champs
2014 KC 84-78
2015 KC 103-59; AL Central Champs
2016 KC 97-65; Lost WC Game to BAL
2017 MIN 80-82
2018 MIN 84-78
2019 MIN 80-82

Overall IBC Record 1040-903
Nationals
Name: Ian Schnaufer

Post by Nationals »

Royals wrote:
Twins wrote:And the Vikings Vikinged. How shocking.
I've been a Vikings fan long enough that I left the room before Walsh missed the FG, expecting it to happen. This probably isn't even in the top five losses of my lifetime.
Yep. I was pretty sure it was going to miss. Top ten loss, sure. Not quite a Gary Anderson though.
Giants
Name: Jake Hamlin

Post by Giants »

LACES OUT JEFF!!!!!
Your REIGNING AND DEFENDING #evenyear IBC CHAMPION

2015- #torture #evenyears 179-145
2006-2014 Gritty Gutty A's 828-631
2005 Texas Rangers 65-97
Total: 1072-873 .551
Astros

Post by Astros »

I would LOVE for Russell Wilson to play one season with an average to below average defense just so everyone that blows him could see what he really is
Pirates
Name: Jake Levine

Post by Pirates »

I was more disappointed and concerned that the steelers were not flagged for the hit on Bernard. Not only was he unconscious from the hit, but it also resulted in a turnover.
Giants
Name: Jake Hamlin

Post by Giants »

Yeah I understand why that's letter of the law a legal hit, but it pissed me off. If the guy dropped the ball because he was knocked unconscious from a hit to the head I don't think the defense should be rewarded if we're serious about concussions.
Your REIGNING AND DEFENDING #evenyear IBC CHAMPION

2015- #torture #evenyears 179-145
2006-2014 Gritty Gutty A's 828-631
2005 Texas Rangers 65-97
Total: 1072-873 .551
Athletics
Name: Stephen d'Esterhazy

Post by Athletics »

Giants wrote:Yeah I understand why that's letter of the law a legal hit, but it pissed me off. If the guy dropped the ball because he was knocked unconscious from a hit to the head I don't think the defense should be rewarded if we're serious about concussions.
But are we really serious about concussions or just making it look that way to the viewership. And which refs can call any of these hits consistently, you barely have players knowing how they can or should hit someone unless you are pushing them out of bounds these days.

As a defender, the objective is to tackle the guy and strip the ball, if you can do that all in one play by jarring the guy, that is what you are going to do. Yea, maybe you shouldn't turn your helmet into that of a ram, unfortunately some of these tackles are split second movements where people are not in the place you thought they were going to be when you first started going in.
"My shit doesn't work in the playoffs. My job is to get us to the playoffs. What happens after that is fucking luck."

LAA 11 - 15 331W - 479L
LAA 16 - 20 477W - 333L 17-20 ALW
OAK 21 - 22 214W - 110L 21-22 ALW
Pirates

Post by Pirates »

Right, and I understand that happens with a forearm or shoulder to the helmet. But, that hit was pretty vicious. It was helmet to helmet, where he lead with the crown and tried to hit him in the head. Seems intentional to me.
Tigers
Name: Ben L. Montgomery

Post by Tigers »

Cardinals wrote:I would LOVE for Russell Wilson to play one season with an average to below average defense just so everyone that blows him could see what he really is

LOL........the haters gunna hate.
Astros

Post by Astros »

Mariners wrote:
Cardinals wrote:I would LOVE for Russell Wilson to play one season with an average to below average defense just so everyone that blows him could see what he really is

With the exception of the end of the Super Bowl, Russell Wilson has spent his career diving into a barrel full of dicks and coming out with a tit in his mouth
Guardians
Name: Pat Gillespie

Post by Guardians »

Cardinals wrote:
Mariners wrote:

With the exception of the end of the Super Bowl, Russell Wilson has spent his career diving into a barrel full of dicks and coming out with a tit in his mouth
There's a good ole' country saying for everyone lol
Dodgers
Site Admin
Name: Shawn Walsh

Post by Dodgers »

Tigers wrote:
Cardinals wrote:
Mariners wrote:

There's a good ole' country saying for everyone lol
The country quote I've heard in PA is "fell into a barrel of tits and came out sucking his thumb", Aaron's seems to be a twist on that.
BlueJays
Name: David Taylor

Post by BlueJays »

so Stan Kroenke and the NFL achieved their goal of sticking it to StL

NFL wants StL to keep working at a new stadium deal to possibly get another team, I'd tell the NFL to fuck off. My interest in the NFL has been dwindling for a while, but this pretty much finishes off any remaining interest I had.

I'd like to see StL shift focus in building a smaller downtown venue for an MLS team.
"Hating the Yankees is as American as pizza pie, unwed mothers, and cheating on your income tax."
Astros

Post by Astros »

Orioles wrote:so Stan Kroenke and the NFL achieved their goal of sticking it to StL

NFL wants StL to keep working at a new stadium deal to possibly get another team, I'd tell the NFL to fuck off. My interest in the NFL has been dwindling for a while, but this pretty much finishes off any remaining interest I had.

I'd like to see StL shift focus in building a smaller downtown venue for an MLS team.
I'm anxiously awaiting the day when the NFL sees a collapse similar to what the NBA, NHL and MLB suffered after their work stoppages. That's the only way Goodell gets ousted. Or someone could shoot him, wouldn't really bother me if that happened
BlueJays

Post by BlueJays »

Cardinals wrote:
Orioles wrote:so Stan Kroenke and the NFL achieved their goal of sticking it to StL

I'm anxiously awaiting the day when the NFL sees a collapse similar to what the NBA, NHL and MLB suffered after their work stoppages. That's the only way Goodell gets ousted. Or someone could shoot him, wouldn't really bother me if that happened
How about when Goodell and Kroenke fly out to LA fellating each other on the way their plane goes down? I wouldn't oppose that.
"Hating the Yankees is as American as pizza pie, unwed mothers, and cheating on your income tax."
Cardinals
Name: John Paul Starkey

Post by Cardinals »

Cardinals wrote:

Goodell should've been ousted following his Deflated football sham already.
12, 14, 15, 17, 22
Guardians
Name: Pat Gillespie

Post by Guardians »

Seen last night: Missouri still owes $72M and both St. Louis and the county owe $36M each in bonding for the dome, which was only built in 1995. $144M still in debt for a team that's no longer there. I don't think a new stadium is really in the works...nor a new stadium for another franchise.
Pirates

Post by Pirates »

Unfortunately, it's highly unlikely the NFL will see a collapse of the 3 other major sports, atleast in the near future. Despite the replacement refs, deflategate, goodell, the Rams, etc...the viewership continues to be at an all-time high and goodell continues to bring in new multi-billion dollar revenue streams, which of course keeps the owners happy.

NFL will be the most powerful sports business for the foreseeable future.
Royals

Post by Royals »

Cardinals wrote:
Mariners wrote:

I don't even know what this means, but it's hilarious.
At least Wilson is a decent passer. The fellating of Cam Newton is just insane, he's one of the single worst passers in the NFL. He's a slightly better version of Tim Tebow.
BlueJays

Post by BlueJays »

Padres wrote:
Cardinals wrote:
Mariners wrote:

I don't even know what this means, but it's hilarious.
At least Wilson is a decent passer. The fellating of Cam Newton is just insane, he's one of the single worst passers in the NFL. He's a slightly better version of Tim Tebow.
I live in Charlotte so I have to listen to everybody slurping on his knob all the time and it's really damn annoying. Really looking forward to that team collapsing in the playoffs.
Royals

Post by Royals »

Weekend Picks:
NE over KC - I'd be worried about this game except for two things. One, Alex Smith is the KC QB. Two, Andy Reid is the KC coach. Nobody knows how to blow a game (preferably through clock mismanagement) like Andy Reid. Okay, three things, KC hasn't played against a good QB since Bridgewater in week 6, after which their 'hot' streak coincidentally started.
Seattle over Carolina - Newton gets the MVP, but goes one and done in the playoffs after completing just over 50% of his passes while Wilson gives a clinic on how to be a running QB, rather than a passing RB.
Arizona over GB - My heart says Green Bay, but they're a wreck. This is probably my lock of the week, it won't be pretty.
Denver over Pitt - This is the toughest pick for me. How hurt is Big Ben? If he's reasonably healthy, Pitt pulls this off owing to Kubiak waiting too long to pull the shambling corpse of a trainwreck that is Peyton Manning. If he's not healthy, Manning's nigh disastrous arm won't be enough to cost Denver the game.

Return to “IBC Forum”