H2H Netplay/Ports Guide

The place to come to talk about all things IBC related. Or not IBC related. Just keep it reasonably respectful.
Dodgers
Site Admin
Name: Shawn Walsh

H2H Netplay/Ports Guide

Post by Dodgers »

Most likely, there are one of two issues stopping you from hosting. Either your ports are not forwarded correctly or you have a firewall blocking the ports.

If you are connected to a router, you will need administrative access to make these changes. First, find your router here: http://portforward.com/ After skipping the ad, then find Diamond Mind Baseball from the program list. Follow the instructions step by step and you should be set in no time.

If you are not connected to a router or have completed the port forwarding (there is a test to see if you are forwarding it right on that web site), then you'll want to either disable your firewall while playing H2H, or consult the firewall's documentation regarding how to unblock ports. There's so many options out there, I can't find instructions for all of them.
Last edited by Dodgers on Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cardinals
Name: John Paul Starkey

Post by Cardinals »

I would like to add that I just fixed my problem and it didn't have to do with the ports per se, but my internal IP. I've noticed a lot of you when you've asked me to connect to you have given me your internal IP's, which is the one DMB lists when you open the NetPlay Session (192.168.1.115 for me). Follow the instructions on the Port Forwarding page that Shawn provided for Diamond-Mind and make sure that when you're doing the DMB port forwarding/DMB settings that the internal IP address matches the one that you have when you boot up diamond mind. For me, the page looks like: http://portforward.com/english/routers/ ... RT54G4.jpg

Hope this helps with some peoples problem.
12, 14, 15, 17, 22
Cardinals

Post by Cardinals »

Bumping this thread for those who have had Netplay problems attempting to host.
12, 14, 15, 17, 22
Cardinals

Post by Cardinals »

Bumping this thread for those who have problems with netplay once again. It's a simple process if you follow the easy steps.
12, 14, 15, 17, 22
Cardinals

Post by Cardinals »

Bumping this thread since I haven't in two years.
12, 14, 15, 17, 22
Cardinals

Post by Cardinals »

Bump
12, 14, 15, 17, 22
Rockies
Name: Nate Hunter

Post by Rockies »

This thread should be sticky'd..

Had to use it today.
Cardinals