So...

The place to come to talk about all things IBC related. Or not IBC related. Just keep it reasonably respectful.
Guardians
Name: Pat Gillespie

So...

Post by Guardians »

How you guys doing?

<Tumbleweeds blow by on a dry dirt road>

Anyone here?
Athletics
Name: Stephen d'Esterhazy

Re: So...

Post by Athletics »

Always, sucks working from home, but at least I can go out drinking in Cali again.
"My shit doesn't work in the playoffs. My job is to get us to the playoffs. What happens after that is fucking luck."

LAA 11 - 15 331W - 479L
LAA 16 - 20 477W - 333L 17-20 ALW
OAK 21 - 22 214W - 110L 21-22 ALW
Cardinals
Name: John Paul Starkey

Post by Cardinals »

Tigers wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:30 pm How you guys doing?
I'm not commuting into New York City everyday anymore, so that's a nice win.
12, 14, 15, 17, 22
Guardians

Post by Guardians »

JP: thankful for health
Stephen: thankful for continued deterioration of liver
Astros
Name: Ty Bradley

Post by Astros »

Got back from vacation, everything is normal in Gatlinburg
BlueJays
Name: David Taylor

Post by BlueJays »

I'm disappointed this isn't a thread about how awesome So Taguchi was.
"Hating the Yankees is as American as pizza pie, unwed mothers, and cheating on your income tax."
Guardians

Post by Guardians »

Was he awesome, though?

Happy belated Father's Day to the dads of the league.

I've been working since the beginning...putting in long hours for the state. Thankfully, we have gotten mostly past covid-related issues and are back to "normal" issues. The family is healthy, so I'm thankful for that. I miss baseball, but I'm also tired of how dumb both sides have been. They missed the window at this point and the sport will suffer.
Mariners
Name: Jagger

Post by Mariners »

Tigers wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:50 amdumb both sides have been. They missed the window at this point and the sport will suffer.
It's not the players that will drive me away from the game, it's the owners, pure and simple. MOST corporations suck, and none suck more than MLB.

You ever wonder why MLB does not promote the Trouts, Betts, etc., because they don't want players to have that power. They don't want players to be every day household names like "LeBron" etc., that would be too much power for them to lose.

Growing up a Mariners fan, I used to HATE Scott Boras. Because I knew with my cheap ass team, we were NEVER going to get the Boras player, unless the player was on his last legs.

Now, I think Boras is a savior, because he KNOWS MLB is absolute bullshit!
Mariners
Name: Jagger

Post by Mariners »

Not that I want people to be turned away from Baseball anymore than we are, please come trade, LOL! :P
Giants
Name: Jake Hamlin

Post by Giants »

Athletics wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:08 pm
Tigers wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:50 amdumb both sides have been. They missed the window at this point and the sport will suffer.
It's not the players that will drive me away from the game, it's the owners, pure and simple. MOST corporations suck, and none suck more than MLB.

You ever wonder why MLB does not promote the Trouts, Betts, etc., because they don't want players to have that power. They don't want players to be every day household names like "LeBron" etc., that would be too much power for them to lose.

Growing up a Mariners fan, I used to HATE Scott Boras. Because I knew with my cheap ass team, we were NEVER going to get the Boras player, unless the player was on his last legs.

Now, I think Boras is a savior, because he KNOWS MLB is absolute bullshit!
Well they don't promote Trout because he's really boring (don't believe me? try to get through his 4/15 interview with Mike Tirico). But one of the really fascinating things about this era is how aware people are of the owners compared to 1994. The greedy ballplayer trope just doesn't have the currency it did 25 years ago, and people are covering the owners in a way they didn't used to. I don't think the owners, particularly the older ones, have grasped that fact.
Your REIGNING AND DEFENDING #evenyear IBC CHAMPION

2015- #torture #evenyears 179-145
2006-2014 Gritty Gutty A's 828-631
2005 Texas Rangers 65-97
Total: 1072-873 .551

Return to “IBC Forum”