Official "Out of Town thread"

The place to come to talk about all things IBC related. Or not IBC related. Just keep it reasonably respectful.
Padres
Site Admin
Name: Jim Berger

Post by Padres »

Headed out on a mission trip with one of my daughters and other members of our church. Will not have access to DMB until next month ... timing sucks in regard to the release of the disc but ah well ...
Giants
Name: Jake Hamlin

Post by Giants »

Staying in NYC a couple days longer than expected. Sent in a pseudo MP and pretty sure I benched everyone hurt. Enjoy beating up my depleted roster the first simmed week or so!
Your REIGNING AND DEFENDING #evenyear IBC CHAMPION

2015- #torture #evenyears 179-145
2006-2014 Gritty Gutty A's 828-631
2005 Texas Rangers 65-97
Total: 1072-873 .551
Giants

Post by Giants »

Traveling for the next 10 days, have internet access but not consistent. Will try to respond to pms and hangouts as quickly as possible.

2005 Texas Rangers 65-97
Mariners
Name: Jagger

Post by Mariners »

Heading to Allentown Tuesday where we pick up our bikes Wednesday and start riding to Cooperstown, arriving Friday for Ken Griffey Jr's induction weekend.

With a baseball themed week, trade talks could add to that (iPhone access). I only have 5 players I'm not looking to move (Urias, Glasnow, Franco, Turner, & Sanchez), but guys like CarGo etc., won't come cheap.

With 2 - 1st baseman, I'm still looking to move Home Run leader Mark Trumbo. On the pitching side my 2 big helps for contenders are SP Francisco Liriano & CL Mark Melancon, but I have other nice pen pieces as well.
Padres
Site Admin
Name: Jim Berger

Post by Padres »

DBacks wrote:Heading to Allentown Tuesday where we pick up our bikes Wednesday and start riding to Cooperstown, arriving Friday for Ken Griffey Jr's induction weekend.
Cool ride ... wish I ride that with ya!
BlueJays
Name: David Taylor

Post by BlueJays »

Cool indeed, be safe out there!
"Hating the Yankees is as American as pizza pie, unwed mothers, and cheating on your income tax."
Mariners

Post by Mariners »

For those of you who have contacted me about trades, I'll have to get back to you this weekend when I get home. Not as much downtime as expected to check out trades.

We scrapped the cycling portion of the trip, rented a car and drove to Boston last night. We got a room at the Buckminster (where the Black Sox scandal was hatched).

I woke up with a view of Fenway from my bed, behind the Green Monster. I'm an idiot on posting pics on our site, otherwise I'd share with you all.

JP, could you farm Vizcaino for me, as he's hit the D.L.. Thanks -Jag
Yankees
Name: Brett Zalaski

Post by Yankees »

Haha...I'm doing sales training for the Sox today. I'm in the Wheels Up club leading right now.
Yankees

Post by Yankees »

Great to meet and talk shop with Jag today. Safe travels back!
Mariners

Post by Mariners »

Nationals wrote:Great to meet and talk shop with Jag today. Safe travels back!
Much too short, would loved to have talked trade. Thanks for taking the time.

Game wise I had no dog in the fight, but it was fun seeing struggling Justin Upton ripping a triple & struggling James McCann knocking him in.

Now off to Hudson Valley to see my '15 #1 pick Garrett Whitley play tonight.
We would have planned to stop in Hartford, but they are playing in Bowie tonight.
Cardinals
Name: John Paul Starkey

Post by Cardinals »

DBacks wrote:
Nationals wrote:Great to meet and talk shop with Jag today. Safe travels back!
Much too short, would loved to have talked trade. Thanks for taking the time.

Game wise I had no dog in the fight, but it was fun seeing struggling Justin Upton ripping a triple & struggling James McCann knocking him in.

Now off to Hudson Valley to see my '15 #1 pick Garrett Whitley play tonight.
We would have planned to stop in Hartford, but they are playing in Bowie tonight.
Hartford's stadium isn't even ready anyway.

And amazingly it won't even open this year: http://ballparkdigest.com/2016/07/22/du ... 16-season/
12, 14, 15, 17, 22
Rangers
Site Admin
Name: Brett Perryman

Post by Rangers »

About to be out of the country for a bit. Will try to wrap up any trade talk this week.
Yankees

Post by Yankees »

Trying to finish up some moves before Wednesday. On Wednesday I'll start my move to Houston, TX. That will put me out of commission for a couple weeks outside of a few check-ins.

I'll be taking over as the VP of Ticket Sales & Service for the Houston Dynamo, Houston Dash, and BBVA Compass Stadium. It's an absolute dream job on a lot of fronts. Look forward to grabbing a beer, a Rockets game, an Astros game, or maybe even a Dynamo game with anyone who makes it to town.
Guardians
Name: Pat Gillespie

Post by Guardians »

Nationals wrote:Trying to finish up some moves before Wednesday. On Wednesday I'll start my move to Houston, TX. That will put me out of commission for a couple weeks outside of a few check-ins.

I'll be taking over as the VP of Ticket Sales & Service for the Houston Dynamo, Houston Dash, and BBVA Compass Stadium. It's an absolute dream job on a lot of fronts. Look forward to grabbing a beer, a Rockets game, an Astros game, or maybe even a Dynamo game with anyone who makes it to town.
Congrats on the new gig. Get to Killens Steakhouse in Pearl and for possibly the best steak you'll ever eat.
Astros
Name: Ty Bradley

Post by Astros »

Hickory Hollow is some of the best BBQ I've ever had in my life, you gotta try that too. I've been meaning to go down there and visit my buddy again, now I got another excuse to go.
Giants

Post by Giants »

Nationals wrote:Trying to finish up some moves before Wednesday. On Wednesday I'll start my move to Houston, TX. That will put me out of commission for a couple weeks outside of a few check-ins.

Congrats and welcome to the Lone Star state. Mark down 1/20, I'll almost certainly be in town for Warriors/Rockets

2005 Texas Rangers 65-97
Dodgers
Site Admin
Name: Shawn Walsh

Post by Dodgers »

Will be in Jamaica the 13th-20th so any zips release (ha) would have to wait to get into OOPSS until after then.
Rockies
Name: Nate Hunter

Post by Rockies »

Dodgers wrote:Will be in Jamaica the 13th-20th so any zips release (ha) would have to wait to get into OOPSS until after then.
You're good dude, probably wont have that for like 2 months.. :P
Astros
Name: Ty Bradley

Post by Astros »

Going to be in New Orleans tomorrow through late Sunday so if you need me, text me. 5023387734
Reds

Post by Reds »

Cardinals wrote:Going to be in New Orleans tomorrow through late Sunday so if you need me, text me. 5023387734
Hmm, I think I was just there a little while ago. Let me check my timeline... yup that was the place....Have fun!
Cubs
Name: Pat Bishop

Post by Cubs »

I'll be in China for the next week. I'll get to the PMs at some point - maybe I'll have internet access on the 14 hour plane ride to Shanghai.
Guardians
Name: Pat Gillespie

Post by Guardians »

Not out of town, but maybe out of town. With Hurricane Irma looming and likely a direct hit on Florida, I'm likely to be out of pocket for the foreseeable with job duties and evacuation plans. Not that anyone needs to get me, but just a heads up.
Yankees

Post by Yankees »

Best of luck bud...thinking about you and the family.
Tigers
Name: Ben L. Montgomery

Post by Tigers »

Stay safe down there Pat!
Rangers
Site Admin
Name: Brett Perryman

Post by Rangers »

Will be out of the country until 9/17

Return to “IBC Forum”