Indiana Jones

Jake Levine's blog

Moderator: Pirates

Pirates
Name: Jake Levine

Indiana Jones

Post by Pirates »

Don't know if anyone has seen it yet, but it was HORRIBLE. The movie just didn't make any sense. It went from the 1950's to 2090 by the end of the movie and it didn't come anywhere close to any of the previous Indiana Jones Movies. The movie lacked any great action scenes, it didn't have any of the memorable lines and there was little or no humor at all. I would not go back and see it.
Rockies
Name: Nate Hunter

Post by Rockies »

I didn't think it was HORRIBLE, but it definitely in no way stacked up to the other indiana jones movies. The action was over the top and looked very expensive and digitally enhanced, nothing like the stuntmen type rolling ball type action scenes. I was worried about there being too much money in this movie, too many stars, too much hype, all true. Harrison ford still looked like indy, but other than that not too much else that could compare to the REAL indy movies. O and fuck shia labeouf
BlueJays
Name: David Taylor

Post by BlueJays »

Bummer. I was lookin forward to seeing it. Now I may not even bother.. sigh.
"Hating the Yankees is as American as pizza pie, unwed mothers, and cheating on your income tax."
Giants
Name: Jake Hamlin

Post by Giants »

I totally disagree, I saw it 12:01 last night with my brother (who's the biggest Indiana Jones nut I know), and we both enjoyed every second of it. The thing people forget about Indiana Jones was how silly and cheesy it was, you have to really enjoy that to really enjoy Indiana Jones. Ya the plot made no sense and was full of holes, but that isn't the point. I also thought the action shots were pretty impressive, and I enjoyed the nods to the original movies that keep popping up throughout.
DBacks
Name: Dave Mueller

Post by DBacks »

i'm with the rev, I loved it. I saw it at 1201 with a bunch of indy freaks and it was a blast. from the second ford steps on screen it was nonstop fun to the end.

yeah, its cheesy and over the top - its supposed to be. its pulp.

the biggest complaint I heard from people was that it was too unbelievable. that's hilarious when you think about other moments in the franchise - supernatural nazi weapons, hearts being torn from chests while the people remain alive, a cup that grants eternal life...

is it perfect? no. were there plot holes? a few. was it fun? hell fucking yes.
Royals
Name: Larry Bestwick

Post by Royals »

Athletics wrote:I totally disagree, I saw it 12:01 last night with my brother (who's the biggest Indiana Jones nut I know), and we both enjoyed every second of it. The thing people forget about Indiana Jones was how silly and cheesy it was, you have to really enjoy that to really enjoy Indiana Jones. Ya the plot made no sense and was full of holes, but that isn't the point. I also thought the action shots were pretty impressive, and I enjoyed the nods to the original movies that keep popping up throughout.
I can't wait to see this film for exactly these reasons. The complaints I've seen about it make me wonder when the last time you guys saw the original films was. They're great films, they're also chock full of holes and ridiculousness. Case in point, there isn't a single film or series I can think of that more over-exaggerated the sound of a punch landing, it sounds like a baseball bat hitting a side of beef and every punch in every Indiana Jones film was like that (remember the slugfest between Indy and the big muscular Nazi in the first film?). Heck, they tried to pass off a librarian confusing the sound of metal smashing into stone for the sound his rubber stamp made in a book!
Nationals
Name: Ian Schnaufer

Post by Nationals »

Aside from horrible horrible archaeology (seriously, never watch any Indiana Jones flick with a pack of archaeologists unless y'all are severely inebriated) and Natashe Badenov from Rocky & Bullwinkle as the villainess, it was a quality, souped-up B-flick that was mean for enjoyable entertainment.
Giants
Name: Jake Hamlin

Post by Giants »

Twins wrote:Aside from horrible horrible archaeology (seriously, never watch any Indiana Jones flick with a pack of archaeologists unless y'all are severely inebriated) and Natashe Badenov from Rocky & Bullwinkle as the villainess, it was a quality, souped-up B-flick that was mean for enjoyable entertainment.
Come on dude, her name was Natasha Fatale
Yankees
Name: Brett Zalaski

Post by Yankees »

Come on people - it was an Indiana Jones flick. Totally unbelievable, and totally cool. I thought it was a lot of fun...

Return to “The Silver Bullet”