Some trade musings

Bren Dillon's blog

Moderator: Angels

Royals
Name: Larry Bestwick

Some trade musings

Post by Royals »

I've been a busy dealer the first month of '11 so I thought I'd take some time and put down some thoughts on my various deals.

OUT: Adam Dunn, Brandon McCarthy
IN: Chris Archer, Travis d'Arnaud, Robbie Ross, Michael Ynoa

This was the first trade that I completed in exactly one year. My last trade was 1/8/2010 and also involved Brandon McCarthy.

Jake came in guns blazing with a serious, well-thought out offer. Something we all appreciate receiving instead of the usual dancing many of us (including myself) tend to do.

Two things I loved about this deal. First, it brought in a catcher who can hit as opposed to a hitter playing catcher. Quality catching prospects can be tough to get involved in deal. Second, Archer is a quality, polished pitcher with some plus stuff. Ross is a guy who may not stick in the rotation, but should provide value in the pen if he doesn't.

The inclusion of Ynoa was the clincheras I was going back and forth on a couple deals. While he's a huge gamble, he's a huge gamble with a potentially huge payoff. If Ynoa pays off, the rest of this deal will be icing. If not, Archer and d'Arnaud are both fairly safe bets to even things out.

Return to “Whale's Vagina Monologue”