Matt Lauer can suck it! AKA The Land of the Lost

Bren Dillon's blog

Moderator: Angels

Royals
Name: Larry Bestwick

Matt Lauer can suck it! AKA The Land of the Lost

Post by Royals »

When I first saw the trailer for this, I was not thrilled.. In fact, I was kind of pissed that they would try to make this a feature film. While LotL wasn't a childhood favorite, i did enjoy the show and didn't think making it a comedy with Will Ferrell was a good idea.

Fortunately, it was.

This was not a great movie by any means, it won't go down as a classic, but if you want some funny, unpresumptuous summer entertainment, then this is the film to start with. Ferrell manages to find the right mix of hilarity and bumbling seriousness (he's been a little too over the top IMO in his last few feature films, to the point of being really annoying). But really, the most important thing is that they had Sid and Marty Kroft in on the film as producers, this was a film that could have gone SO wrong, and having them on the project is something that made it instead be so right. The effects and production were just the right level of campy to connect to the original series without feeling like it was cheap and all in all, it was a really fun film.

Special props to Grumpy... as good as Ferrell was, I kept waiting to see more of Grumpy, and he always delivered.

Suck it Matt Lauer.
Yankees
Name: Brett Zalaski

Post by Yankees »

You went to see Land of the Lost instead of The Hangover? What're you, 6 years old?

The Hangover was awesome. I'll see Land of the Lost when I have children.
Astros
Name: Ty Bradley

Post by Astros »

Yeah, The Hangover is fantastic. Funniest movie I've seen in ages. Go see it ASAP
Royals
Name: Larry Bestwick

Post by Royals »

Yup, we (my roommate, a friend of ours and I) chose Land of the Lost over Very Bad Things.... I mean, The Hangover. We'll see The Hangover eventually but we were in the mood for some goofy fun rather than yet another "insanity in Vegas" type film.

Return to “Whale's Vagina Monologue”