Fuck me...

Bren Dillon's blog

Moderator: Angels

Royals
Name: Larry Bestwick

Fuck me...

Post by Royals »

looks like I'll have a bit more time for the IBC.

I just got laid off.

God, I loved that job...
Orioles
Name: Dan Vacek

Post by Orioles »

Sorry to hear that man. That's a bummer. At least you can collect the government cheese while you look for a new gig. I don't think I've worked enough recently to qualify for the free money.

2023 GM Totals: 1780 W - 1460 L | 0.549 wpct | 89-73 (avg 162 G record)
Tigers
Name: Ben L. Montgomery

Post by Tigers »

That does suck. Sorry to hear that, Bren.
Angels
Name: Zach Robertson

Post by Angels »

Sorry to hear about that dude. As someone who was unemployed for a few months until recently, I totally feel for you. Good luck to ya.
Royals

Post by Royals »

Thanks for the kind words guys, I still have moments of disbelief about the whole thing. Sometimes I feel great, like I can turn this whole thing into a good opportunity and really experience and try some stuff I might not have done otherwise. At other moments, it's almost so terrifying it's hard to move.
Astros
Name: Ty Bradley

Post by Astros »

I can't say I know where you're coming from but I feel your pain. Before the economy went in the shitter, there was going be anywhere from 3 to 5 retirements in the social studies department at my old high school at the end of the year and I'd be a shoe in to get one. Now nobody is retiring and I'm just crossing my fingers that somebody somewhere around here retires
Tigers
Name: Ben L. Montgomery

Post by Tigers »

You are definately not alone. 651,000 layoffs in February.

My wife went through the same thing about 15 months ago during a "downsizing" at the company. Took a package, took 4 months off and then started on with a smaller financial company where they value experience more because they don't have the budgets to send employees through training programs. Got a higher base, but lower bonus potential. While it is ugly out there, there are industries that are hiring. Take same time and figure out what you want to do with the rest of your life (if you can) and then get after it.

Good luck!
Royals

Post by Royals »

The tough thing is, I HAD found it...
This IS a chance to take some chances on some stuff though. Maybe try and do some independent work. maybe (BIG maybe) try and turn my thesis into a book. First though, i need a job that will pay the bills...

Return to “Whale's Vagina Monologue”