Boston 2008 Trade Log

Bren Dillon's blog

Moderator: Angels

Royals
Name: Larry Bestwick

Boston 2008 Trade Log

Post by Royals »

Quiet season for Boston for a host of reasons, but I figured I'd do one of these and look back on how things turned out

RedSox Chris Carpenter SP Traded to Pirates May 20, 9:41 pm
Pirates Mike Lowell 3B Traded to RedSox May 20, 9:41 pm
Carpenter started 3 games in the bigs due to injury and is due for 'nerve conduction' tests. Lowell had injury issues as well, but still managed to play 113 games and sounds like he'll be good to go in the spring.

RedSox Denard Span CF Sign May 7, 1:38 pm
Not a trade, but a huge pickup nonetheless. Could very well be my starting CFer in 2008.

Braves Jacoby Ellsbury CF Traded to RedSox May 7, 7:44 am
Braves Tyler Robertson SP Traded to RedSox May 7, 7:44 am
RedSox Pat Neshek MR Traded to Braves May 7, 7:44 am
RedSox Andy LaRoche 3B Traded to Braves May 7, 7:44 am
Ellsbury needs a little more work, but will almost certinaly be Boston' starting CFer in 09 while Robertson put up some great numbers in the minors. Laroche hit .166 in Pittsburgh over 76 games while Neshek made 13 appearances due to injury. Given the youth and injury issues, it's a tough trade to call, but I'd still make it today in a heartbeat.

Royals Jason Pridie CF Traded to RedSox Mar 27, 4:19 pm
Royals Victor Martinez C Traded to RedSox Mar 27, 4:19 pm
RedSox Chris Snyder C Traded to Royals Mar 27, 4:19 pm
RedSox Travis Hafner DH Traded to Royals Mar 27, 4:19 pm
martinez had a tough season, but Hafner's blew it away. Snyder had the type of season I had been hoping he would have when i had him so the trade has to go to KC for now but I expect Martinez will come back more successfully than pronk, swinging the deal back my way.

RedSox Brandon Lyon CL Traded to Pirates Mar 25, 5:05 pm
Pirates Brian Giles RF Traded to RedSox Mar 25, 5:05 pm
Giles was actually a bit better than i had hoped this season so from that perspective, this deal has to be a win. Lyon's disappointing season in MLB makes it even more-so.

RedSox Grant Balfour MR Claim Mar 25, 3:13 pm
another non-trade, but since Balfour will likely be my closer next season, picking him up on waivers has to be mentioned. Thanks Pat in Toronto!

RedSox Reynaldo 7-Navarro SS Traded to Giants Jan 2, 8:29 pm
RedSox Vernon Wells CF Traded to Giants Jan 2, 8:29 pm
Giants Elijah Dukes LF Traded to RedSox Jan 2, 8:29 pm
Giants Travis Buck RF Traded to RedSox Jan 2, 8:29 pm
Navarro was a draft pick at the time, and Buck hadn't imploded yet. Dukes managed to put up a very impressive season in Washington... when he played. Still, he got into 81 games in the bigs this year and seems to be doing better with his attitude. if he can stick with the big club all season... watch out. interestingly enough, nils offered me Wells straight up for Dukes the other day. I think buck gets himself straightened out and this trade looks like a slaughter a year from now.

RedSox Curt Schilling SP Traded to Tigers Jan 1, 4:49 pm
Tigers John 7-Tolisano 2B Traded to RedSox Jan 1, 4:49 pm
Tigers Masahide Kobayashi MR Traded to RedSox Jan 1, 4:49 pm
This was Curt for a pair of Picks. Tolisano had a tough season as a 19yr old and Kobayashi was mediocre while Schilling was out all season and is undecided on retiring.. Win by default.

Return to “Whale's Vagina Monologue”